This Business banker job description sample can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job and letting the desired candidate know what the requirement for the job role is. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Business Banker Job Responsibilities
The Business banker would be responsible to provide a basic, branch-based business banking sales and service facility to a portfolio of small business customers requiring uncomplicated and standardized financial product solutions
The Business Banker Duties include:
- Explain, promote and sell a range of appropriate bank product offerings and solutions that meet the financial needs of small business customers.
- Selling includes acquiring and opening new business accounts (walk-in customers)
- Cross-selling additional products & services to existing customers (walk-in customers, during pro-active telephone conversations).
- Identifying sales leads for associate company stakeholders e.g. Vehicle and Asset Finance; Electronic Banking (Business Online); Card; etc.
- Mining existing customer data to identify expansion and/or additional business opportunities.
- Identifying opportunities to migrate to top-end customers.
- Performing a liaison role between customers and back-office service fulfilment and credit functions.
- Educating clients regarding the parameters and routine procedures governing standard SME product and service offerings to ensure the correct customer behaviour and product usage.
- Adhering to recordkeeping requirements as outlined by CBN and the Nigeria Financial Intelligence Unit (NFIU).
Key Relationships of the Business Banker
- Branch Manager
- Head of Departments
Key Job Measures:
Responsible to provide a basic, branch-based business banking sales and service facility to a portfolio of small business customers requiring uncomplicated and standardized financial product solutions
- Experience in Credit origination.
- Previous experience in running a small business.
- Technical Competencies:
- Business and Financial Advisory
- Knowledge of Asset Management Products
- Credit Analysis
- E-Channel management.
Salary of a Business Banker
This varies across various organizations but usually between $ 1500 – $2,000 excluding other health insurance policy for the Staff, spouse and four children, Non-Accidental bonus and other benefits.
- BSc. degree from an accredited University
- Relevant experience in Banking preferably in relationship/transactional banking.
- Writing, communication and management experience required.
- Strong creative, non-technical writing skills.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and assessment skills.
- Ability to develop communications plans to synchronize with organizational goals.