This Dispatch Rider Job description sample can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job and letting the desired candidate know what the requirement for the job role is. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Dispatch Rider Job Responsibilities
The Dispatch Rider would be responsible for ensuring that assigned motorcycle is used for authorized assignments and is in good working condition always.
The Dispatch Rider Duties include:
- Ride company’s motorcycle to accomplish official duties
- Must observe all HSE driving related policies to ensure the consistent safety of documents and motorcycle
- Report to the on all matters relating to assigned motorcycle to the supervisor
- Responsible for updating the Drivers’ Logbook on a daily basis with the required information.
- Must ensure that assigned motorcycle documents/ particulars are updated and valid.
- Must ensure that the motorcycle is cleaned routinely or when the need arises.
- Responsible for carrying out the daily inspection on the general condition of assigned motorcycle and must properly lock motorcycle when there is a need to leave them unattended to.
- Responsible for internal and external mails distribution when necessary.
- Transporting and receiving invoices and documents items quickly by motorcycle
- Record information, such as items received and delivered
- Dispatch riders sign for the package on the collection and get an appropriate person to sign for it upon delivery
- Plan and follow the most efficient routes for making deliveries
- Manage, develop and dispatch tobacco products effectively to retail customers in assigned territory
- Ensure that tobacco products are available, visible and accessible in retail outlets in assigned territory (proper and effective display/merchandising of the products)
- Draw up weekly route plans and commit to same
- Ensure prompt and correct product and POS pickup and recording
- Ensure sales targets per SKU are met
- Ensure correct product are dispatched promptly using the motorcycle
- Effective use of real-time App
- Ensure daily reconciliation of previous stock issued with sales supervisor
- Maintain daily and accurate collection, remittance and reconciliation of cash from retail outlets to the supervisor
- Ensure proper and efficient use of company tools (Motorcycle, Sales Application etc)
- Any other duty that may be assigned from time to time.
The benefit of a Dispatch Rider
- The dispatch rider assists in easy dissemination of parcel within and outsider to the company’s vendors or providers.
- The dispatch rider easily delivers items to staffs and vendors or clients to the companies easily.
- The dispatch rider assists in relating to the company’s other retail outlets.
- The dispatch rider ensures that the company’s products are easily accessible in various locations daily.
Key Relationships of the Dispatch Rider
- Head of Departments
- The Receptionist
Key Job Measures:
Ensuring that assigned motorcycle is used for authorized assignments and is in good working condition always
- Must be able to ride motorcycle effectively as this is the major means of sales and dispatch
- Be able to ride motorcycles professionally
- Be able to work weekdays and some weekends
- Be Hardworking, Diligent, and possess Positive Energy
- Must be physically fit
- Should be reliable and punctual
- Must have a mature working attitude
- Be friendly and Presentable
- Must have excellent road navigation knowledge
- Basic sales skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Merchandising skills
- Willingness to work flexible schedule
- Excellent communicator
- Personal organization and self-discipline
- Attention to details.
- Time Management
- Decision-Making Skills
- Reporting Skills.
- Managing process.
- Decision-making skills
Salary of a Dispatch Rider
This varies across various organizations but usually between $ 20 – $120 excluding other health insurance policy for the Staff, spouse and four children, Non-Accidental bonus and other benefits.
- A High School certification, OND or NCE
- At least 1-year experience as a motorcycle dispatch rider
- Must possess valid license to ride a motorcycle or rider’s permit