The Finance Director Job Description Sample
This Finance Director Job description sample can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job and letting the desired candidate know what the requirement for the job role is. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Position: Finance Director
Reports: Managing Director
Finance Director Job Responsibilities
The Finance Director would be responsible for managing the Finance/Accounts functions of the company with a view to maximizing shareholders’ wealth
The Finance Director Duties include:
- Responsibility for overseeing the whole Accounts/Finance Department.
- Preparation of monthly Management and Financial Reports.
- Managing relationship with Banks and sourcing of funds for both short-term and long-term requirements.
- Preparation of the Company’s annual budget and cash flow projections.
- Liaise with Tax authorities on Tax related issues.
- Liaise with the necessary Ministries for Assets Certificates for new acquisitions.
- Attend management meeting and advise management with a view to making sound financial decisions that will ensure maximization of shareholders wealth.
- Preparation and rendition of quarterly, half-yearly and annual reports to meet statutory requirements.
- Appraisal/Assessment of capital projects.
- Co-ordinate preparation of Audit Schedules and attending to external Auditors during year-end Audit.
- Liaising with Company Secretary for the compilation of the annual report.
- Preparation of job description, appraisal and mentoring for finance staff.
- Co-ordination of quarterly and year-end stock-taking exercise.
- Managing the accounts of other Company Businesses i.e. Joint Ventures.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Managing Director.
Key Relationships of the Finance Director
- Branch Manager
- Head of Departments
- Managing Director
- Sales Manager
- Technical Manager
- Company Secretary
- Account/Finance Staff
- Maintenance Manager
- Tax Authorities
Key Job Measures:
Responsible for Managing the Finance/Accounts functions of the company with a view to maximizing shareholders’ wealth.
- Experience in Preparing Accounts.
- Previous experience in running a small business.
- Business and Financial Advisory
- Knowledge of Asset Management Products
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical Skills
- Problem-solving Skills
Salary of a Finance Director
The salary of the finance director varies across various organizations, but usually between $ 1200 – $2,000 excluding other health insurance policy for the Staff, spouse and four children, an official car, performance bonus and other benefits.
- BSc. degree from an accredited University
- Relevant experience as an accountant.
- Preferable a Chartered Accountant
- Writing, communication and management experience required.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and assessment skills
- Ability to develop communications plans to synchronize with organizational goals.