5 February, 2019
Upfield is currently seeking suitable & qualified candidates to fill the role of a Regional Financial Controller-West Africa
Upfield is a global leader in plant-based nutrition with a great history and a portfolio of iconic brands that people have used and trusted for generations. This includes Flora, Rama, Becel, Blue Band, Country Crock, I Can’t Believe it’s not Butter and ProActiv.
Why Work With Us
We are a global food company with 6 business units operating in 95 markets. We have the mindset of a start-up. This makes us fast, agile, entrepreneurial, cost-conscious and accountable for our products – from seed to serving at the breakfast, lunch or dinner table.
Regional Financial Controller-West Africa at Upfield
Job Title: Regional Financial Controller – West Africa
Based in Lagos, Nigeria
Main Responsibilities: –
Business Delivery & Performance Management
· In-year holistic business delivery across all KPIs (Market Share, Turnover & Operating Profit, Cash & Working Capital)
· Provide analytics and insights to drive business performance and inform pricing, investment and innovation decisions
· Drive robust cost control and embed Return of Investment approach
· Interface with local Sourcing Unit Controller to understand cost trends and Capital investment requirements
· Active cash management to manage business Working Capital and Free Cash Flow delivery
· Lead financial forecasting/budgeting and longer-term strategic planning processes
Business Controls & Risk Management
· Develop, implement and monitor strong internal control environment across all business processes.
· Safeguard adherence to all company policies and procedures
· Active risk management with a focus on driving key actions in partnership with country leadership team
Core Business Processes
· Manage Purchase to Pay and Order to Cash processes, including Credit management, pricing and claims management working closely with Finance Operating Centers
Tax, Audit & Legal
· Local Tax compliance and reporting, in conjunction with any local advisers
· Lead Statutory audit process and reporting, managing relationship with external auditors
· Support Internal Audit team and drive full implementation of any recommendations
· Local commercial contract set-up and management, in conjunction with any local legal advisers. Drive adherence to contracts to realise business value
· Manage local statutory insurance programs
· Support transition away from current service provider and set-up of distinct Spreads organization
· Ensure effective local implementation of Transition Services Agreements (TSAs)
· Provide support to other countries within the BU during the transition
Talent Management & Development
· Recruit, retain and develop talent
· Contribute to global Spreads Finance function agenda, with a focus on improving capabilities that can be leveraged locally
Skills, experience and qualifications: –
Professional qualification in finance or accountancy.
9+ years of experience, with at least 5 years in a senior role in finance
Strong control and analytical mindset.
Strong people management skills and ability to motivate remote teams.
Effective Business Partnering.
Performance Management and business planning.
Decision Support and Ad Hoc evaluation.
Your Personal Power! :-
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
If you are an entrepreneur at heart and have a passion for winning, a strong understanding of the CPG business, and would like to join us, apply and speak to one of our Talent Matchmakers! firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any further questions you’d like to ask us or you need assistance as regards the application for the Job roles, then comment below now.