Head Internal Audit job at Kennedia Consulting
Our client, at Kennedia consulting a reputable Asset Management firm, seeks to urgently fill the role of Head Internal Audit/Control and Risk Management;
Job Title: Head Internal Audit/Control and Risk Management
Job ID: HIA7636
Industry: Asset Management
Reporting line: Chief Executive Officer
Location: Lagos Island
Responsible for implementing Internal audit, Control, Risk Management, Corporate Governance system in the organization and its entities.
• Ensure proper internal audit and control system.
• Implement risk management system.
• Investigate fraud within the organization.
• Carry out Audit activities and prepare reports.
• Coordinate the compilation and continuous review of a detailed transaction process flow for all key activities in the organization and define control measures to ensure compliance.
• Supervise the execution of the company’s control procedures on financial processes such as revenue collection, receivable and asset management, investments, international operations, etc.
• Prepare/ review internal audit reports covering audit activities, findings and overall assessment of control environment.
• Ensure all financial transactions are bona-fide, accurate and processed in line with established policies and procedures and coordinate the review of all payment vouchers to both internal and external parties.
• Keep abreast of global and local best practice as it relates to the internal audit operations.
• Establish and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
• Coordinate the review of business/ operating processes and practices and information systems to ensure the adequacy of existing controls as well as mitigate errors, irregularities and fraud.
• Perform investigations into suspected fraudulent/sharp practices across the organization and recommend the appropriate line of action in response to findings.
• Investigate client complaints and provide reports on same.
• Prepare audit reports and advise units and committees on departure from policies, procedures, and other exceptions.
• Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the CEO and relevant Board Committee.
• Good back up support on operation/ transaction reviews.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the CEO/ Board.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
• Non -Financial Target
• Savings on income leakages
• Timely and discreet execution of investigations
• Number of timely conducted audits
• Reduced fraud cases
• Comprehensive, clear, and constructive audit and fraud reports
• Reduced number of mitigated risk
• Minimum exceptions found by external auditors
• Knowledge of audit techniques and methods required.
• Knowledge of corporate governance practices
• Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles
• Ability to analyze financial data
• Ability to read large volumes of documents effectively and extract necessary information.
• In-depth understanding of the organization’s business issues
• Communication & Presentation.
• Good report writing skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite & the Internet
• First degree or its equivalent in a numerate discipline (Accounting, Economics, Finance, etc), MBA or Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting required.
• Minimum Experience 10-12 years relevant experience of which at least two (5) years must have been spent in a similar role in the financial services industry.
• Professional Membership -Chartered membership of ICAN/ ACCA required.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their
Application Deadline: Fri, Feb 15 2019
If you have any further questions you’d like to ask us or you need assistance as regards the application for the Job roles, then comment below now.