14 March, 2019
Our client, a reputable indigenous Company that provides services across the Engineering, Procurement and Construction value chain, wants to urgently fill the role of a Cost Estimator
Job Title: Cost Estimator
Job ID: CE6637
Job Type: Full Time
Reporting line: Project Director
Pay: N500,000 – N800,000 monthly gross
The cost estimator is responsible for the approximation of the cost of a program, project, or operation. Cost estimators collect and analyze data in order to estimate the time, money, materials, and labor required to manufacture a product, construct a building, or provide a service.
· Preparation of commercial proposals, project cost basis, profitability analysis, etc.
· Maintaining efficient contract administration, preparation of tender documents, BOQ and preliminary cost estimate.
· Post contract supervision and management, project cost planning, control and monitoring.
· Post contract administration, and cost control.
· Preparation of preliminary cost estimate and budgets.
· Producing interim financial reports on projects.
· Handling project budgets, cost estimating and project related financial and accounting matters.
· Setting up and maintaining effective costs record control system including price data bank and retrieval procedure.
· Project management, completion of budget planning, cash flow projection and project monitoring.
· Development of preliminary BOQs / cost estimates and preparation of detailed bill of quantities.
· B. Sc./HND in Quantity Surveying/Cost Management; M. Sc. Construction Management (added advantage)
· Minimum of 10 years working experience in project cost and estimating in the engineering, oil and gas, construction and environmental industries involving preparation of estimates/bills of quantities, commercial proposals, valuations, project planning and management, etc. on upstream and downstream oil and gas projects, location preparation, building and road construction works, as well as supervision of dredging and oil spill remediation works, etc.
· Experience pre and post- contract administration and documentation required.
· Experience in project planning and cost control required.
· Experience in the upstream and downstream oil & gas industry required.
· Experience in project management.
· Ability to draw up Project cost estimation based on project specs, bills of materials and labor costs, required.
· Good knowledge of project scheduling, coordination and preparation of project progress report.
· Must be Conversant with codes and standards such as BS codes (for construction) and conditions of contract – (JCT and FIDIC).
· Ability to work effectively in a multidiscipline/multicultural environment.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their cvs to email@example.com, using “Cost Estimator” as the subject of mail.
Application Deadline: March 20, 2019
If you have any further questions you’d like to ask us or you need assistance as regards the application for the Job roles, then comment below now.