A reputable supermarket in Ikoyi Lagos Nigeria is currently seeking an Accounts Officer/Accountant in its April 2019 Recruitment 2019
Job Title: Accounts Officer/Accountant
Job ID: AOA6736
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Ikoyi Lagos
The Account officer would be responsible for the following;
- Cash Management
- Sales cash up and reporting at regular intervals
- Align expected sales (cash, credit and POS) with physical cash and REACTS back office
- Daily and timely lodgment of cash sales and credit customers’ cheque.
- Disbursement and retirement of weekly petty cash
- Change management i.e. low denominations
- Financial Reporting
- Daily sales report for management dashboard
- Tellers and other documentations
- Daily sales analysis and reconciliation
- Posting of opex invoices
- Inventory Management
- Check Goods Receive Vouchers (GRV) with items received for accuracy of cost, quantity and quality
- Accounts for stock movement i.e. Sales, receipts, issues and write offs
- Coordinate the reconciliation of periodic stock count variances and valuation of closing inventory
- Stock consumption report
- Weekly product performance and optimal product mix reports
- Optimize the gross margin of the butchery section by enforcing proper documentation and also maintain active control to minimize theft and pilferage.
- Internal Control & OPEX Auditing
- Check the validity, accuracy and completeness of local purchases
- Conduct value for money audit on purchases, repairs and maintenance contracts executed within the store
- Budgetary control on OPEX; Vetting of OPEX requests
- Management of REACTS
- Actively support and contribute to all efforts aimed at achieving the optimal use of REACTS
- Work with Store Management to manage control areas like product code, price changes, cost changes, access rights on REACTS within the outlet
- Good knowledge of Stock Accounting
- Proficient in data entry and management
- Good organizational skill
- Ability to pay attention to details and accuracy
- Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- High degree of communication skills, particularly attuned to working well with non-finance professionals
- Good oral and written communication skills
- General computer literacy
- Ability to work cooperatively with others, within and external
- Desired Personal Attributes:
- Ability to remain impartial
- Team Player
- Proactive self-starter
- Flexibility to adapt to a variety of work situations
- Highly organized and significant ability to multi-task
- Ability to cope with and work under pressure
- The ability to manage and motivate a team.
- Used to working in fast moving environments providing accurate and timely information to a high standard
- Minimum of University degree or HND in Accounting or Finance
- Ability to use accounting software e.g. REACTS, Sage Pastel Evolution etc.
- Average proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of Retail Accounting system would be an added advantage
Method of Application
Interested and Qualified candidates should send their application to email@example.com stating the job role as the subject of the mail
Application Closing Date: Not Specified
If you have any further questions you’d like to ask us or you need assistance as regards the application for the Job roles, then comment below now.