International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is seeking suitable and qualified candidates to fill the role of an administrative assistant
IITA is an award-winning, research-for-development (R4D) organization, providing solutions to hunger, poverty, and the degradation of natural resources in Africa. Since 1967, IITA has worked with international and national partners to improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity.
Why Work With Us
IITA is guided by an ambitious strategy–to lift 11.5 million people out of poverty and revitalize 7.5 million hectares of farmland–by 2020. As one of 15 research centres in the CGIAR, a global partnership for a food secure future, IITA is engaged in several CGIAR Research Programs (CRPs).
IITA has delivered more than 70% of the CGIAR’s impact in sub-Saharan Africa and remains committed to the science-driven improvement of agriculture and related food value chains.
Our R4D programs are focused on four crucial areas:
Biotechnology and Genetic Improvement, Natural Resource Management, Social
Science and Agribusiness, Plant Production and Plant Health and Nutrition and
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Ref: IITA-HR-NRS2019-026 Position:
Location: Kano Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable
Closing Date: 30th July 2019
Contract: 2-year renewable contract Location: Kano
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks
suitable applicants for the position below at the Institute’s Headquarters
station in Kano:
- The successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Provide support in the day to day administration of the office;
- Handle correspondence, photocopying, binding and other paper works;
- Provide support with travelling schedules and hotel reservations;
- Provide support in the preparation of request for internal purchases, the order of office stationery and vehicle parts;
- Take minutes of meetings and handle the confidential matter;
- Provide support in the updating of assets list;
- Perform all other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- HND/BSc in Public Administration or related
discipline with a minimum of three (3) years’ working experience performing
The ideal candidate must:
- Be proficiency in the use of the computer (Microsoft Office packages).
- Ability to drive and perseverance to work under pressure and good teamwork with supervision capacity.
We offer a highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching a detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format to IITA website:
to apply no later than Two Weeks from the date of this publication.
The application must include the names and e-mail addresses
of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or
previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current
IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly
welcomes applications from female candidates.