Ikeja Electric Plc. Is currently recruiting suitable and qualified candidates to fill the role of a Distribution Sub-Station Operator in the August 2019 Recruitment
Ikeja Electric Plc Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer
experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, Ikeja
Electric Plc, Nigeria’s largest power distribution network powers lives and
businesses with innovation and an unwavering drive for excellence. The company
began its new phase of growth and expansion on November 1st, 2013 following the
handover of the defunct Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO
Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
Why Work With Us?
The consortium has the Korean Electric Power Corporation (KEPCO)
which generates about 84,000MW in capacity and has a global efficiency record
of a maximum downtime period of slightly above three minutes annually as technical
This partnership has positioned IE to effectively drive its commitment
to deliver efficient and sustainable power supply through investments in new
technology, infrastructure upgrade and human capital development.
Ikeja Electric has over 700,000 customers who the company is
committed to serving with a New Spirit, New Drive and New Energy. This resolve continues
to elicit a passion for service excellence and new thinking on how to empower
lives and businesses across the IE network.
We are currently recruiting suitable & qualified
candidates to fill the role of a Distribution Sub-Station Operator;
Job Title: Distribution Sub-Station Operator
Job ID: DS7838
Reporting To: Load Coordination Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
- Regulates flow of electricity through substation
of electric power system and over distribution lines to consumers:
- Records readings of switchboard instruments to
compile data concerning quantities of electric power used for substation
operation and amounts distributed from station
- Inspecting, operating and maintaining substations
and distribution apparatus consistent with safety regulation.
- Controlling equipment such as Current converter,
Voltage transformers and Circuit breakers to regulate the flow of electricity
through substations and overhead distribution lines to customers
- Reporting outages, load data to load dispatcher
and receiving switching instructions
- Switching and maintaining sub-station equipment
for proper operation.
- Performs switching operations in accordance with
standard operating procedures.
- Maintains daily operating log on all operations,
both routine and emergency, and reports on line outages and weather conditions.
- Recording hourly readings of indicating and
integrating meters, and changes, marks and checks charts of recording
- Issues protective tags through established safe
clearance procedures for all equipment in the network and substation
- Periodical and regular inspection of station
both inside control room and outside in the switch yard to determine proper
operation of facilities and maintain security
- Records temperature of transformers at specified
- Prepares the equipment for operation and starts,
stops and controls the units, adjusting the load and voltage and accessory
regulating equipment as required.
- Observe switchboard instruments to detect
indications of line disturbances, such as grounded, shorted, or open circuit.
- Analyzing problems to determine type of repairs
necessary and informing appropriate personnel.
- Notes changes in load and make routine
adjustments to meet such changes without immediate supervision. Reports unusual situations to appropriate
- Perform other duties as requested by the Line
- Not more than an OND in Electrical/Electronics
Engineering with at least 0-2 years’ experience
- Technical Competencies
- Knowledge of technical handbooks, standards
specifications and best practices
- Power Industry Knowledge
- HSE Knowledge
- Behavioral Competencies
- Good Communication
- Analysis and Reporting Skills
Method of Application
Date: Not Specified
Do you have any question as regards the job role leave a