SPDC is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. It has the largest acreage in the country from which it produces some 39 per cent of the nation’s oil its operations are concentrated in the Niger Delta and adjoining shallow offshore areas where it operates in an oil mining lease area of around 31,000 square kilometres with more than 6,000 kilometres of pipelines and flowlines, 87 flow stations, 8 gas plants and more than 1,000 producing wells.
SPDC’s Mission is to be the operator of first choice in Nigeria through its commitment to strong economic performance and to every aspect of sustainable development.
About the Programme
- LiveWIRE Nigeria is a youth enterprise development programme supported by the SPDC JV. The programme aims to inspire, encourage and support young people aged 18-35 to start their own businesses.
The LiveWIRE programme objectives are to:
- Enable youths to establish businesses by exposing them to business planning and management guidelines and skills through the ‘Become a Successful Business Owner Course’.
- Provide business start-up grants for candidates with the best business plans.
- Link successful candidates to third parties like Financial Institutions and Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs).
- Provide a volunteer mentoring programme for successful candidates.
- Pre-start up: Value and Organise Yourself (VOY)
- Bright Ideas workshop
- Business Planning & Management (Become a Successful Business Owner)
- Value chain workshop
- Business Startup (How to access finance & technology)
- Post startup (Mentoring and Market linkages).
- Male and female applicants from the South-South States, including: Imo and Abia
- Must possess a University degree or HND in any discipline
- Must have an innovative business idea.
- Must desire to own and manage a business.
- Be detailed in business description.
- Must have completed NYSC if within mandatory bracket.
- Must be resident in their State of Origin;
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to apply
- The Applicants need to complete the “Candidate Assessment” form and get assessed before they can be accepted into the programme as this is the prerequisite to apply for any other Shell LiveWIRE programme in Nigeria.
- The Ogoni Community Applicants need to complete the “Ogoni Community Candidate Assessment” form and get assessed before they can be accepted into the programme as this is the prerequisite to apply for any other Shell LiveWIRE programme in Nigeria.
- The Trainers need to complete the “Trainer Assessment” form and get assessed before they can be accepted into the programme as this is the prerequisite to apply for any other Shell LiveWIRE programme in Nigeria.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted via email.
Application Deadline: Tuesday, 24th September 2019.
Do you have any question as regards this application state it in the section below