Standard Chartered remained a shareholder of First Bank of Nigeria until 1996, Standard Chartered re-entered Nigeria in 1999 and opened to customers on 15 September 1999 as a wholly-owned subsidiary of Standard Chartered Bank Plc, headquartered in the United Kingdom, the Bank offers a wide range of products and services in Retail; Wealth Management; Commercial; Corporate and Institutional; Private and Transaction Banking business. Standard Chartered employs over 905 staff and sees Nigeria as a growth centre. There are about 35 branches, with ATMs in each branch, located in Lagos, Port Harcourt, and Abuja.
Why Work with Us?
We’re the bank for big career ambitions
Think you can shine in one of the most dynamic international banks around? Then we can offer you a world of potential, Bringing out the best in each other, We’re a talented and committed workforce, representing 125 nationalities across more than 60 markets in our footprint regions of Asia, Africa and the Middle East and beyond. We have been in business for more than 150 years, so we know the value of nurturing your strengths over the long term.
Job Title: 2020 - Associate - Financial Markets
Job ID: AFM056387
About the Programme
We understand that a graduate programme isn’t for everyone and you may prefer to move straight into a full-time job. We offer a wide range of entry-level positions across sales, trading and capital markets within Financial Markets:
- Financial Markets (FM) is an essential part of the Corporate and Institutional Banking business of Standard Chartered Bank spanning across Asia, Africa, the Middle East, the UK and US. FM business combines an in-depth knowledge of local markets with global products expertise to offer the best financial solutions.
- It provides reliable access to a wide range of currency markets, accurate local market information, efficient risk management strategies, and capital raising as well as liquidity management solutions for its clients. FM delivers value through the following businesses.
- Trading functions such as Commodities, Fixed Income Trading (FX, rates, credit and structured products) – primarily responsible to generate revenue out of trading / proprietary positions and market making for our inter-bank counterparties. Also responsible to price and offer extensive products across FX, Rates, Credit and Commodities to suit every client’s need.
- Financial Markets Sales delivers comprehensive financing, risk management and investment solutions to the Bank’s corporate, government, and institutional clients. The team works hand-in-hand with origination, structuring, research, and trading to deliver best-in-class solutions for our clients across Fixed Income, Currencies and Commodities.
- Capital Markets Team primarily acts as an arranger in debt financing of corporates, financial Institutions and banks. It has capabilities in origination, structuring, execution of primary issuances and securitisation of retail and corporate asset portfolios of Standard Chartered Bank and other banks.
- The business involves constant interaction with clients to understand their borrowing requirements, advising them and structuring debt instruments accordingly while keeping in mind investor preference.
- You must have an undergraduate degree, we want and encourage applications from candidates from all degree disciplines. And as English is our business language, it needs to be at least one of those you speak fluently. These are our only requirements as our selection and assessment system is designed to measure strengths, fit to our business and cognitive agility, we do not shortlist based on your university and grades.
- For our Graduate roles, you must have an undergraduate degree and be eligible to work permanently in the country that you are applying to. If you’re applying for a role in the UAE, we may consider applications from nationals of Middle East and North African countries.
Method of Application
Application Closing Date: Not Specified
Do you have any question as regards the job role state in the comment section below