A Leading Logistics and Procurement Company is currently seeking suitable and qualified candidates to fill the role of Company Secretary/Executive Assistant
We are a procurement and logistics service provider, we offer freight forwarding services to various companies who are industry leaders in Pharmaceutical, manufacturing, Oil & Gas, etc. Our aim is to continuously provide world-class, all-encompassing logistics and result-oriented services to our clients.
Position Title: Company Secretary / Executive Assistant
Job ID: CSEA455366
Job Type: Permanent
The company secretary will need to ensure the company complies with financial and legal requirements, as well as maintaining its high standards of corporate governance. You will also be required to provide legal advice and to have a thorough understanding of the laws that affect freight forwarding, logistics & procurement.
Roles and Responsibilities
• report to the board and often liaise with board members
• prepare agendas and papers for board meetings, committee meetings and follow up on action points
• ensure policies are kept up to date and approved by the board
• maintain statutory books, including registers of members, directors and secretaries
• deal with correspondence, collate information and write reports, communicate decisions to relevant company stakeholders
• contribute to meeting discussions, and when required advise managers/departments of the implications of proposed policies
• monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and take appropriate action
• liaise with external regulators and advisers, such as lawyers and auditors
• develop and oversee the systems that ensure the company complies with all applicable codes, in addition to its legal and statutory requirements
• enter into contractual agreements with vendors and clients
• Acting as the point of contact between the executives and internal or external colleagues
• Organising meetings and booking meeting rooms
• Handling correspondence directed to managers
• Making travel arrangements and detailed travel itineraries
• Taking dictation and minutes and writing them up subsequently
• Bachelor's Degree in Law (LLB).
• 2-4 year’s experience in the Legal department of a company.
• Membership of Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators is an added advantage
Skills and Competencies
You are a good fit for this role if you have;
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (especially word, excel, outlook) and internet-based applications is required
• Exceptional communication skills, able to express complicated, multi-stranded concepts in an accessible way, both verbally and in writing
• Sufficient resilience to cope with difficult interpersonal situations, competing for demands and tight timescales
• Demonstrates experience and competence in the interpretation of complex legislation and regulations
Benefits & Compensation
• Above Industry Average Full-time compensation
• Robust Medical coverage for Self and Family
• Beautiful working environment
• Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
• Oh, and a chance to Win by Righteousness!
Method of Application
Suitable and interested candidates should forward CV and applications to email@example.com using the position as the subject of the mail.
Please note that application closes November 30, 2019
Only qualified candidates would contacted.