Lani Group is currently seeking suitable and qualified candidates to fill the role of Head, sales in its organization
Lani Group an organization that provide management consulting and advisory services to medium and large scale organizations in both public and private sector
Job Title: Head, Sales Job Type Mid – Level Management
Job ID: HSJ678383
Department/Group: Business Development & Strategy Job Code/
Travel Required: Occasionally to main commercial centres within Nigeria
Level/Salary Range: Base pay with Commission on sales (to be determined)
Position Type: Contract to Permanent
The position will have an oversight function of the sales portfolio and develop a sales framework for each business entity. The job holder would assist in directing and executing the sales strategy for the business entities under LANI Group. These portfolios include professional services (financial training & consulting) and product / general merchandising.
- Research and analyses market trends, competitor offerings, demographics, and other information that affects marketing strategies
- Drive the execution of commercial activities and sales of professional services (financial training /consulting) and general merchandising as applicable
- Identify professional services and product target market and develop an executable sales
- Plan for each category of customers.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Plan, develop and execute sales strategies that balance customers’ expectations and company’s objectives
- Write and develop sales proposals to clients
- Analyse sales figures, customers reaction and market trends to anticipate services and product needs and plan product ranges/stock
- Forecast profits/sales and plan budgets and collaborating with the finance team by
- providing weekly sales update and numbers
- Build constructive customer relationships and team with channel partners to build pipeline/database and close deals
- Continuously upskilling and staying up to date with the industry’s best practices
- Providing oversight, developing and coaching for a team of trainees
- Handling sales problems as they arise
- Making financial presentations to senior managers
- Motivating the sales team to achieve the best results possible.
- Setting activity and revenue targets for members of the sales team.
- Continual training and development of all members of the sales team
- Attending industry events and conferences to generate new business leads.
LANI Group seeks to employ an energetic and enthusiastic individual as Head, Sales for its business entities. This position would take ownership of marketing strategies and activities within the company and be a part of the team that makes key decisions regarding product distribution, budgeting, branding, and sales.
- Acting as a representative for the organization at sales events and conferences.
- Collaborating with other team leads in order to generate a new lead for each business entity under LANI Group.
- Monthly reporting on sales performance against budget and reporting on variances.
- Be a “brand ambassador” that represents the company’s brand and values.
Organization and planning
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- Proven track record of achieving targets and driving sales growth
- Strong leadership skills and an ability to inspire a sales team
- Stress tolerance & adaptability
- Understanding of working with the public sector (state & federal government parastatal) in Nigeria is essential
Education and Experience
- Business management or marketing-related degree or equivalent professional
- A good understanding of sales in a professional / consulting (training & financial) services industry, FMCG and General Merchandising.
- Minimum of five years’ experience successfully managing sales teams ideally in the
- FMCG and Professional services / consulting industry.
- Professional sales training would be a strong advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong listening, formal presentation and decision-making skills
- Commercial acumen and the ability to “decode” customers
- French will be an added advantage
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their applications containing experiential work experience with CV to email@example.com using the position applied for as the subject of the mail
Application Closing: on or before November 22nd 2019