Job Title: CCIE Data Center
Job ID: CDC67283
Job Type: Full time
Location: Lagos Nigeria
The incumbent must have worked in a financial institution before and must be a Data Center (CCIE Data Center) professional exposure. This role is responsible for planning, design, implementation and management of the complex modern IT data centre infrastructure.
This opening is for a Senior CCIE or CCIE level Network Engineer to work on-site within an ICT Firm in Lagos, Nigeria. He will act as a technical lead for a team of 3 experienced Network Engineers with skills in route/switch and security. This is a high visibility role and the engineer selected will lead the redesign of a large scale network/data centre infrastructure and be the right-hand network engineer to the CIO.
- The Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert Data Center will be involved in taking care of the routing protocols and features by identifying and resolving any issues related to Layer 3 Overlay Protocols.
- Management of the multicast protocols and monitoring services.
- The designs of the features of the data centre networking system.
- maintains the execution of QoS, traffic flow, and IGMP snooping.
- Handling of the configuration of server load-balancing algorithm and various SLB deployment modes
- Evaluate and monitor system events.
- Gather statistical information and handle external management protocols professionally.
- Implements the backups and restores procedures in a Cisco UCS environment.
- responsible for managing Data Center Virtualization with Cisco Nexus 1000V. The professional also maintains the execution of QoS, traffic flow, and IGMP snooping.
- Oversee the configuration of port profiles and VLANs. They should take care of the Cisco Nexus 1000V security features. The professional will have an in-depth knowledge of DHCP snooping, Dynamic ARP inspection, IP source guard, and Port security.
- Set up IP source guard, Cisco TrustSec, and RBAC groups.
- Administer first-hop routing protocols, port channels, vPC, and vPC+.
- The professional will execute the implementation of NPV and NPIV features.
- Responsibilities of the Senior Network Engineer - CCIE
- Responsible for network high-level and detailed design, implementation, operations, troubleshooting and issue resolution.
- Assess, design, implement, troubleshoot, and document Cisco networks and related systems
- Develop both high-level and detailed implementation and test plans for Cisco technologies related to enterprise networks
- Develop documentation as it relates to project requirements, and assist with or develop customer-facing presentations of technology solutions.
- Write assessment and design reports, and present them to our customers.
- Provide knowledge transfer and informal training to clients.
COMPETENCY AND SKILLS
- Have a good understanding of Firmware management and also look into the server recovery tasks.
- Ability to take care of the proper configuration of IP storage-based solutions.
- Great eye for data
QUALIFICATION AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
- The ideal candidate will hold a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent and preferably possess extensive skills in one or more of the following areas: Cisco Data centre technologies, Network security (Firewall, VPN, etc.), Cisco ISE, Cisco WLAN. This individual will design, implement, and (high level) support Cisco-based networks.
- Must have CCIE certification
- Candidates with prior work experience in a financial institution are preferred.
- Requirements of the Senior Network Engineer - CCIE
- Active CCIE in Routing and Switching is *strongly* preferred, but SME level knowledge is essential with or without the CCIE
- Skills in one or more of the following areas a plus: Cisco Datacenter technologies, Network security (Firewall, VPN, etc.), Cisco ISE, Cisco WLAN
- Certifications in multiple technology areas are a significant plus
- Strong consultative skill set to include communications with varying levels of customer personnel as well as the ability to identify and help close new opportunities within existing clients.
- Must be able to work with practice lead to coordinate scheduling to meet customer needs, sometimes juggling multiple projects at one time
Method of Application
CVs should be sent to resume@HRLeverageafrica.com stating the job role as the subject of the mail
Application Closing Date: Not Specified