Accountant Job Description Sample
Job Description Sample
This Accountant Job description sample can assist in your creating
a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the
job and letting the desired candidate know what the requirement for the job
role is. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job
duties and job requirements.
The Accountant is Responsible for Cashier, Accounts Executive –
Stock, Account Executive-Gen. Ledger, and Account/Import Clerk
- Maintenance of adequate records for all
transactions and assist the Finance Director in day to day running of the
- Maintaining adequate records for all transactions and in adherence to accounting principles
- Maintenance of asset ledger and register and reconciliation of same.
- Maintaining client accounts and security documents and providing counsel with clients payment status on request
- Preparing suppliers schedule, cheques and company cheques for payment
- Acting as an interface between the company and its bankers and other clients, ensuring monthly reconciliation of bank accounts.
- Overseeing accounting issues and staffs account
- Liaising with external auditors, supervision and coordination of the company’s annual audit
- Preparing and reconciling salaries journal and payment, sales, stocks, trial balance, profit and loss and balance sheet periodically
- Ensuring prompt payment of bills, e.g. PHCN, Water rates, PAYE, Statutory Levies, e.t.c
- Processing of employees/employer pension remittance and reconciliation and liaising with the Pension Administrators to ensure prompt crediting of employees RSA
- Handling of vat returns and tax-related matters, processing of with-holding tax schedule remittance and processing of credit notes, receipts, posting and reconciliation of same
- Monitoring and maintenance of branch imprest account and reconciliation,
- Run periodic reports of accounts receivables and payables for review.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Key Relationships of the Accountant
- Finance Director
- Accounts Executive
- Pension Fund Administrators
- Tax Authorities
- Ability to reflect on one’s owns work as well as the wider consequences of financial decisions.
- Business acumen and interest.
- Organizational skills and ability to manage deadlines.
- Team working ability.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in IT.
Salary of an
This varies across various organizations but usually between $ 200
– $500 excluding other health insurance policy for the Staff, spouse and four
children and other benefits
– First degree /HND Accounting And/or Finance
– Must have a minimum of 5 years post qualification