Analytics Manager Job description sample
This Analytics Manager Job description sample can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Job Title: Analytics Manager
Analytics roles are increasingly important in marketing teams since there is a need to demonstrate ROI and improve efficiency of digital channels. Often these roles combine marketing and digital marketing elements and may be shared with similar roles in a separate business analyst or finance team.
1. Role: Analytics Manager/ Insight Manager
Variation of job titles with the same responsibilities: Head of Analytics, Analytics Executive Manager, Lead Analyst, Insight Analytics Manager, Senior Insight, Analyst and Senior Web Analyst.
2. Junior roles within the team
Analytics Executive, Insight Analyst and Web Analyst
4. Industry sector
5. Client/Agency side
6. Summary/Scope of role
7. Main Duties /Areas of responsibility
Responsible for the accurate implementation of visitor, lead and sales tracking and analysis across multiple platforms.
- Responsible for Web Analytics and optimisation solutions and systems.
- Identify up-to-date relevant tools to support data management and analysis of campaigns.
- Define, monitor and implement the Web Analytics strategy and associated data analysis.
- Provide relevant analytics and systems training to teams where relevant.
- Present key findings of reports, including actionable insights for key stakeholders, including customer profiling data to feed into marketing strategies.
- Develop strong relationships and engage with teams o obtain data for the business and understand the importance of analytics.
- Recommend and implement data modelling techniques for forecasting and insight for the business, including A/B or multivariate testing.
- Understand and implement segmentation such as Lifetime Value, Behavioural analysis and Model behaviour.
- Some roles are heavily focused on the understanding of brand creation and creating customer insight plans to support it.
- Some roles ask for concept testing; link tests, adtracking and brand positioning (focused towards Marketing Data Analyst jobs)
- In larger organisations, roles involve working with key departments named as CRM and Marketing teams.
8. Person Spec: Skills and Experience
- Pro-active and results orientated.
- Engage and influence stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills and ability to translate data into commercial actionable plans.
- Astute commercial acumen.
- Entrepreneurial flair (some roles) and cultural fit!
- Comfortable with being ‘vocal’ and ‘challenging opinions!’
- “Hit the ground running” – key buzzword these days!
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Experience and comfortable with presenting to senior management teams.
- Strong Leader and ability to nurture the team and grow a team!
- Previous experience of customer driven organisations! (all companies!)
- Experience of analysing complex data and large data volumes.
- Knowledge and application of best practice customer insight principles.
- Understanding of product and service design.
- Some roles ask for background in research.
- SAS, SPSS or CRM Database experience (some roles).
- Background in research (some roles).
- Some roles ask for sector specific experience.
- Track record of identifying growth opportunities for the business from data analysis.
- Take ownership of the insight plan at a brand level (some roles).
- Experience of analytical tools.
- Knowledge of Advanced Excel and VBA programming.
- Experience of building statistical models (logistic, regression, clustering etc) for more junior / analytical roles.
9. Core Competencies
These tend to be required for public sector roles and private companies can interview candidates based on competencies. Some may include Leadership, Communication, Creativity, Project Management, Financial and Problem Solving,
10. Professional Qualifications and Associations
- At least 5 years experience in a data analytical role.
- Degree in Maths, Economics, Statistics, Physics or Business (some roles).
- Some roles ask for Masters in Stats or advanced SAS techniques including macros.