CRM Manager (incorporating Email marketing) Job description sample
This CRM Manager (incorporating Email marketing) Job description sample can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Job Title: CRM Manager (incorporating Email marketing)
Customer Relationship Management can be managed differently according to the business case and goals of the organisation; whether is focussed towards systems or customer communications strategy and this is reflected in the scope of the job description.
Consequently, the roles can include any combination or single focus towards: CRM systems to integrate systems to support conversion or acquisition campaigns, email marketing planning and execution, improving the customer service, improving the customer experience, contact strategies and customer journey mapping.
It can be difficult to define generic skills for this role, as it’s important to consider the above and also the existing skills within the organisation, and whether the deployment of systems is in-house or external. This can often lead to either the Systems or Marketing team driving and managing this role, which again can reflect the job description.
Job description for CRM Manager
1. Role: CRM Manager
Variation of job title with similar responsibilities is named as: Digital and CRM Manager, Head of Digital CRM, Social CRM Manager, CRM Project Manager, CRM Marketing Officer, CRM Team Manager and CRM Campaign Manager. On the Agency side, the roles include Account Manager and Account Director with a CRM Specialism and / email marketing.
2. Junior roles within the team
Email and CRM Executive, CRM Analyst, CRM Planner, CRM (Database) Executive, Customer Experience (Analyst, Executive), Senior CRM Adviser/Executive and Senior Planner (CRM).
4. Industry sector
5. Client/Agency side
6. Summary/Scope of role
7. Main Duties /Areas of responsibility
Responsible for customer data quality including accuracy, relevance, completeness and security of data across the organisation
- Develop and manage multichannel communication programs, and identify added value communication strategies.
- Plan and manage contact strategies to support lead nurturing, conversion, retention, cross-sell, up-sell or to reduce churn rates.
- Liaise closely with other departments and engage stakeholders to ensure the CRM Strategy and tools are fully embedded across all integrated campaigns, and ensure ROI is demonstrated.
- Identify social media trends to keep the business focussed and at the forefront of digital trends.
- Take ownership for the Social, CRM and Contact Strategies
- Evaluate, monitor and produce reports including KPIs for CRM (and email marketing) strategies.
- Plan data selection, segmentation and prepare campaign lists. Ensure the systems can support data selection required.
- Improve ROI and customer lifetime value across all campaigns.
- Drive customer insight through the business and manage consumer research programmes.
- Embed CRM across the brand to improve loyalty or assess opportunities to increase sales.
- Responsible for all technical aspects of the CRM and email system, to ensure optimisation, delivery and service.
- Some roles include email marketing and / online marketing and the planning, creation and testing of campaigns..
- Contribute to systems and processes documentation, design and customisation, configuration of CRM Systems.
- Communicate system changes to users and provide training.
- Management of external agencies, including CRM suppliers and Social Media.
8. Person Spec: Skills and Experience
- Pro-active and results orientated.
- Analytical mind.
- Manage a team; lead and motivate.
- Passion for digital techniques and technologies.
- Comfortable with stakeholder engagement, working across departments to manage expectations and prioritise work.
- Passionate about customer centric communications.
- Confident and good at all aspects of communication.
- Organised, practical and influential.
- A professional and competent consumer focused marketing expert.
- Ability work to tight deadline dates, and support staff at all levels and from other teams.
- Excellent project management skills.
- This varies across roles to those specified as desirable and essential.
- Specific roles ask for experience of CRM systems and tools i.e. Unica, Teradata, Microsoft Dynamics, Siebel, Sage, SAS and CVM.
- Specific roles request data selection experience in Chordiant, TCRM, ARM, Fast Stats, SQL and SPSS.
- Experience of CRM platforms and marketing automation.
- Experience of social media monitoring tools and social media to include SEO, PPC and Display(some roles).
- Experience of using Web Analytics packages.
- Some roles ask for knowledge of email service providers.
- Analytical skills, with the ability to interpret and manipulate data and drive actionable data/insight into campaigns, working with large databases for data segmentation and data mining.
- Experience of database management.
- Experience of gathering data requirements from users.
- Track record of delivery of campaigns in particular communication and complex campaigns.
- Experience of working in a Direct Marketing. Multi-channel or Analytical environment.
- Track record of delivering multi-audience CRM strategies in a B2C and / B2B environment. Some ask for specific sectors.
The more CRM Analytical roles highlight the additional skills:
- Experience in configuring systems,
- Ability to produce workflow diagrams and process requirements.
- Training, mentoring and workshop delivery.
- Experience of implementing fully cycle CRM installations.
The more junior roles highlight the following:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, in particular Excel and Access.
- Experience in email campaign management and systems.
- Analytical and creative skills.
- Analyst roles ask for sales tools such as Eloqua, SFDF, Salesforce, SAS, SQL and predictive modelling.
- Maintain and manage lists for contact strategy.
- Manage brand, style and content for comms strategy.
- Some roles ask for sector experience.
9. Core Competencies
These tend to be required for public sector roles and private companies can interview candidates based on competencies. Some may include Leadership, Communication, Creativity, Project Management, Financial and Problem Solving,
10. Professional Qualifications and Associations
- Degree educated
- Some roles require at least 4 -5 years experience in CRM or for the analytical roles, more specific around systems expertise.
- Junior roles ask for a Degree and 2 years email campaign management experience.
- All roles are asking for degrees for specific systems or software experience rather than professional qualifications.