CV Template/Format for all Jobs In Nigeria 2020 PDF/Word Doc.
As a Human Resources Professional with a valid licence from the chartered institute of personnel management and over 4 years experience in recruitment and selection, I can say without a doubt that applying for a job needs a current CV and updated CV to suit the role you are applying for, as a help guide I would include any cv format not include to this post that you need, once you leave a comment at the comment section to request for it.
To understand the most important component of the latest CV Format that would assist you to get the job you desire, you should first understand what a CV is.
What is a CV?
A CV is a document that your prospective employer would review before inviting you for an interview, so it is important to include the details related to the job role that would make the recruiter interested in meeting you. CV properly is written can improve your chances of getting employed by 55%.
Curriculum vitae (Latin for “the course of life”) which is appropriate and is far more comprehensive in Nigeria work environment in 2020.
A CV should include details such as your name, address, email, phone number while it elaborates more on your career objective or personal statement, skills and competencies, education and includes a comprehensive listing of professional history and most significantly how relevant it is to the role been applied for.
The current format of CV includes all relevant information that could convince the recruiter that you are the right candidate for the job which includes graduate and/or undergraduate education, fellowship, NYSC (National Youth Service Corps) Experience, Leadership roles in various educational institution attended for fresh graduates and most importantly your accomplishments in these roles.
What can I put for accomplishments on my resume?
This is an important question to answer when you seek to create a standard cv or good resume or cv, this involves stating those attribute that provides an individual with a sense of pride which you carried out during the duration of the job role. it is important you use actions words, using numbers, percentages to focus on the results accomplished. Where to include your accomplishments is immediately after you have described your assigned duties and role.
Examples of accomplishments “I introduced over 80% E-operations such as leave counter programme, E-staff database in the company’s Human Resource Activities increasing accuracy and effectiveness, reducing paperwork by over 50% thus increasing profitability”.
Students are encouraged to compile their CV in the first year of higher institution learning and participate in activities such as leadership in school unions, Department Unions, Interschool competition which could be educational or otherwise that would improve their CV profile as they continue to update activities, accomplishments and honours as they progress. The CV will be useful and necessary throughout one’s professional career.
How do I write a good CV In Nigeria
How do I write a good CV in Nigeria is a question asked by many job seekers but we’ve drafted out the details to take into consideration and samples both a word document and PDF for download
- The CV must be summarized, important details which should include: Personal details such as Name, age (optional), address, phone number, e-mail. They must be noticeable at first sight by the recruiter.
- Education and qualifications. Start from the highest, for example from university to courses relevant to the job role you’re applying for.
- Relevant Work experience, if you have it.
- Abilities which include skills & competencies relevant to the job you are applying for.
- References which could be stated Available on request.
What is the format of a
A curriculum vitae, commonly known as a CV, is an alternative to writing a resume to apply for a job. The format of CV in most cases is usually stated by the recruiter, but in most cases when it’s not Stated Word Format is the simplest Format and commonly accepted by all employers, Other formats of CVs include PDF, Jpeg etc. CVs are most commonly used in academia, research and medicine – not to mention for most jobs in Nigeria
we’ve written about the frequently asked questions of job seeker here, for any other question do leave a comment and I would get back to you. To improve job-seekers chances of getting a job job-seekers we have thus put together a collection of Current CV Formats/templates and examples in PDF/Word Doc. for Various field – both for experienced professionals and fresh graduates available for free download.
1. CV Templates for Accounting Jobs
Template for recent graduates
2. CV Templates for Nursing Jobs
3. CV Templates for Procurement Jobs
4. CV Templates for Quality Assurance Jobs
5. CV Templates for Sales manager Jobs
6. CV Templates for Office Administrator Jobs
7. CV Templates for Personal Assistant Jobs
8. CV Templates for Driver Jobs
9. CV Templates for Engineering Jobs
10. CV Templates for Business Development Jobs
11. CV Templates for Intern Jobs
12. CV Templates for Procurement Officer Jobs
13. CV Templates for Students
14. CV Templates for No work Experience
15. CV Templates for Teachers
16. CV Templates for Web Developers
16. CV Templates for Web Developers
17. CV Templates for Administrator
18. CV Templates for Cabin Crew
19. CV Templates for Construction Engineer
20. CV Templates for Hotel Management Executives
21. CV Templates for Customer Service Executive
21. CV Templates for Economist
Can CV be 2 Pages?
A CV can be two pages as long you make the CV as short as possible while still showing those relevant job experience, skills and certifications relevant to the role you’re applying for. Since most managers skim, two-page CV is enough to prove to the recruiter that you’re the right candidate for the job.
Keep it short and sweet. One page is all you need, Highlight your skills, experience and education
Keep some mystery; don’t lay it all out. The interviewer will use your resume as a guideline to base questions off of. If you say it all upfront, you have nothing to expand upon.
Keeping mystery in your resume is a way of guiding the questions in your favour
Text Format for Resume
For a modern finish, use a sans-serif font (keep it between 12–14pt)
Customize each resume for the job you are seeking
Indicate key job duties performed in previous employment that will make you a good fit for the position.
Keyword optimize based on the job posting but don’t overdo it. Work these into the sentences smoothly.
Remember that this resume isn’t for you; it is for your employer. You are essentially a product; the employer is a consumer.
Showcase that you are exactly what they are looking for.
Use colour. Don’t be afraid to stray from the black and white; but at the same time, don’t go overboard.
Pick a colour pallet, like a muted green or pale blue, and use that as an accent. Avoid off-putting colours such as red, or neon anything.
It’s okay to use
Make it easy to read and to handle interview questions and answers
Employers and recruiters spend an average of 6 seconds scanning your resume. You need to make an impression, and the important stuff needs to be easy to find.
Use headings, sub-headings, bullet points and tables (moderately).
Keep your format CONSISTENT. If the heading for Employment is in all CAPS, the rest of your headings need to be in caps as well. Same goes with colours, fonts, sizing and spacing.
Add a tiny, professional headshot of you, that is well-formatted within your resume.
Start every sentence or bullet point with the same or repetitive words.
Forget to run it through spelling and grammar checkers.
Over inflate yourself or your experience.
Use thesaurus words you don’t understand. A thesaurus is more of a guide to help you find a better word choice. It is not a tool that will make you sound more intelligent.
In fact, it will do the opposite if implemented incorrectly. Sometimes, simplicity is better and comes across as more honest.
Use contractions such as don’t, won’t, can’t, etc.
Add clip art, borders or embellishments. (an exception to this case may be a resume for a creative field such as web design or marketing, but use your judgment in these cases).
Add a long bio. A short 3–4 sentence summary is sufficient.
If you were fishing, then remember your resume is the bait. The interview is the process of reeling it in. If you don’t have good bait, you won’t get any bites, and you’ll go home
What Do HR/Employers look out for in CVS?
This is a major question you should have the answer in mind when writing your CV because When a prospective employer goes through your CV they’re are looking out for how your skills, knowledge and experience can be of benefit to the organization especially as regards the role you seek to fill. so ensure this information provided are relevant to the job role you are applying for.
The CV’s Purpose
Some students or professional might ask what is the purpose of a CV?, or why am I asked to submit a CV as part of the application process for a variety of opportunities.
A CV is used to apply for the following that of opportunities:
- Postgraduate studies
- Academic positions
- Post-doctoral positions
- Professional programs
- Graduate school
- Honour societies
- Medical residencies
- Research experiences
- Research grants
- Other opportunities
Some funding applications in Canada will request a Canadian Common CV, which is a distinct document that is appropriate only for funding opportunities which specifically specify this format. Other opportunities are better suited to a more tailored CV.
Key Elements of a Good CV
- A Personal Summary/Profile or Objective. It doesn’t really matter which heading you use, although the objective is better when you have a particular goal like transitioning to a new career or role.
- Key Achievements/Highlights: This is a good way to showcase your achievements upfront. A must-have section for very senior and executive roles. Remember to link achievements to business objectives like financial or strategic goals.
- Skills and Expertise: This is useful for all levels of job seekers. List your strongest skills as it relates to both technical and people skills.
- Work Experience/Career History: Showcase your work experience starting with the most recent to the earlier roles. Aim for 4 to 6 bullet points. Avoid listing duties, focus on achievements and projects worked on. Use action words like designed, developed, led, executed.
- Education and Professional Credentials: Showcase your educational achievements from most recent to earliest. Include certification credentials awarded by institutes or awarding bodies.
- Professional Membership: List professional institution membership and membership levels.
- References: Include these only after obtaining clearance from referees. It is safer to provide references on request rather than on the CV.
LJINIg Job Portal also offers a free submission platform for your resume, so employers and hiring managers can easily reach you for available job roles.
Decisions of candidates to invite for an interview which is the first step getting a job are made to favour or discredit certain individuals based on the look and feel of their CVs. A Standard CV, well-tailored and structured (fonts, size, arrangement and lyrics) would clearly make recruiters be biased towards such individuals. People have rightly predicted who gets a
P.S: All Templates above are works of latestjobsinnigeria.com.ng which is in no way a comprehensive CV but rather a template to give a guide to prospective job seekers.