Digital Account Manager /Sales Director (Agency role) Job description sample
This Digital Account Manager /Sales Director Job description sample can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Job Title: Digital Account Manager /Sales Director (Agency role)
The Digital Account Manager or Sales Director roles are agency roles.
It basically is the traditional Account management Agency role with digital marketing accountabilities.
The seniority of these roles are reflected by the salaries and job descriptions, which can determine different specifications i.e. some ask for very specific digital marketing skills rather than management/leadership responsibilities. The common theme is the over-arching responsibility for managing and delivering digital marketing campaigns.
Dependant on the sector, some roles are focussed towards one specific digital channel such as video, or ad serving where others are more multi-channel focussed i.e. SEO, PPC, email marketing, mobile etc.
The variation on the job titles include: Digital Account Director, Digital Agency Account Manager, Sales Director for Social Media Platforms, Sales Director (Plus specialism ie sector or digital area), Account Director (Plus specialism i.e. integrated, research, channel marketing) and Digital Sales Account Manager
2. Junior roles within the team
The more junior roles are advertised as: Junior Digital Account Executive, Senior Digital Account Executive and Sales Executive (Rich Media).
4. Industry sector
5. Client/Agency side
6. Summary/Scope of role
7. Main Duties /Areas of responsibility
8. Person Spec: Skills and Experience
- Responsible for developing client relationships and closing the ‘sale’.
- Write briefs with detailed functionality specifications (i.e. wireframing).
- Brief and manage creative teams, and understand all processes and platforms.
- Responsible for forecasting and profitability, reporting on ROI and maximising financial revenue.
- Explore new partnerships clients.
- Ability to work with and manage multi-disciplinary teams i.e. brand, research, technical, etc.
- Ensure customers are fully briefed and kept up-to-date with all digital marketing opportunities to reflect their business.
- Responsible for the quality of service and delivery of all integrated campaigns across all channels including SEO, PPC, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.
- Responsible for on-line PR strategies and content where required.
- Goal orientated
- Fun, dynamic person!
- Comfortable with troubleshooting!
- Work independently and self motivated.
- Ability to motivate a team.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Problem solving and project management skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Passion for technology.
- Passion for client satisfaction.
- Passion for revenue and efficiency.
- Excellent communication skills and open to ideas and feedback.
- Ability to manage complex projects.
- Ability to write complex integrated digital campaign briefs.
- Innovative and creative mind.
- Experience of working on global brand.
- Delegate, coach and Inspirer.
- Naturally charismatic!.
- Understand the client’s technology, products, services and market.
- Sales person with associated sales skills – passion to win business.
- Proven experience of revenue generation.
- Digital Expert and stay abreast of digital and market trends.
- Understand analytics and software packages.
- Understanding of social media engagement strategies and successful attributes.
- Knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Youtube, Twitter etc) and deployment strategies.
- Experience of content creation.
- Understanding of interactive strategy.
- Experience in particular sectors (for some roles).
- Understanding of brand strategy and deployment.
- Experience of working on global brands.
- Some roles ask for understanding of CRM, mobile and website design and build.
- Some roles ask for understanding of CMS systems and email marketing.
- Some sales roles ask for specifics around the product / service (working with large brands, FMCG, etc).
- Some ask for experience in digital tools /platforms i.e. Video, .Ad serving tools
9. Core Competencies
These tend to be required for public sector roles and private companies can interview candidates based on competencies. Some may include Leadership, Communication, Creativity, Project Management, Financial and Problem Solving.
10. Professional Qualifications and Associations
- BSc/BA or equivalent experience required.
- Digital or online advertising industry experience preferred.
- Varies from 3-4, to 7-10 years experience in Digital Marketing Agency or similar environment.