Digital Communication Executive Job Description
This Digital Communications Executive sample can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job and letting the desired candidate know what the requirement for the job role is. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Position: Digital Communications Executive
Reports: Senior Manager, Communications
Digital communications Executive Job Responsibilities
The Digital Communications Executive would be responsible for ensuring uses digital channels to dynamically communicate to target audiences our work, messages and achievements.
The post also involves guiding and encouraging colleagues across the organization to engage with digital communications activities.
The Digital Communications Executive Duties include:
- The Digital Communications Executive is part of a small, high performing Communications team, also consisting of a Senior Manager, Communications and Senior Coordinator, Communications.
- Responsible for engaging various internal and external audiences online, through the creative use and effective management of digital channels, including the website, social media and e-bulletins.
- An expert in building online communities, s/he leads on developing an online profile. This is done through ensuring that we maintain a strong and consistent presence on selected social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Youtube) and that we are sharing content through relevant third party websites and newsletters.
- S/he is responsible for using various tools to monitor website, intranet and other online statistics, reporting on results and then working with developers and others to improve usability, engagement and visibility. With excellent writing, copyediting and proofreading skills and sound technical ability.
- S/he creates high quality is written and multimedia content and manages our film, audio and photography resources.
- S/he is responsible for supporting teams with digital communications activities, including training/coaching where necessary.
- Ensure staffs are actively engaging with our new intranet, our website and other communications platforms.
- S/he is also responsible for ensuring we have translated content available online.
- Responsible for the strategic design, implementation and management of a range of online & offline communication strategies targeting media and industry.
- Lead on ensuring that the website is kept up-to-date and relevant, follows best practice (with regards to design, usability and accessibility) and presents our work, resources and impact clearly.
- Write, collate (including copyediting and proofreading where necessary) and upload high quality, engaging content to the website – in line with agreed content priorities – and upload resources and other programme content.
- contribute to the creation of content strategy, helping to identify the most compelling ‘stories’ and most effective ways of communicating our work via digital channels.
- Ensure the website is up-to-date by commissioning and uploading translated content.
- Work with external consultants to coordinate new developments to the website and ensure any technical issues are resolved.
- Ensure the website is made visible to target audiences through effectively optimising content for search engines, managing the company’s Google Adwords account and undertaking other relevant initiatives.
- Monitor, record, evaluate and report on key website performance statistics, making recommendations to the Communications Manager on the basis of these results.
- Online community management and multimedia communications:
- Manage profiles and engage with audiences, across key social media sites (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Flickr and YouTube).
- Ensure features on relevant external websites and that our work is promoted via appropriate third-party online channels.
- Create and implement digital communication plans around key events/pieces of work.
- Coordinate a schedule of e-bulletins including collating and producing content and distributing to specific mailing lists.
- Keep abreast of the latest innovations in digital communications and make suggestions for new ways of promoting messages online.
- Manage our multimedia resources, including developing and maintaining the photo library – and when appropriate – work with consultants to produce digital content to promote our work.
- Monitor, record, evaluate and report on key social media and e-bulletin performance statistics and successes.
- Programme support and internal communications:
- Promote the benefits and impact of our digital communications internally.
- Increase staff and programme partners’ use of social media, the intranet and the website CMS by providing support, coaching and encouragement and creating guidelines where necessary.
- Act as a lead liaison point within the Communications team for appointed programmes, sharing key information about the work they are doing and developing a working understanding of the context we’re operating in.
- Sharing of information internally via the intranet and other channels.
- Participate in team and other organisational meetings or working groups as required.
- Support the Communications Manager with any other communications projects and activities and perform other duties and tasks as required, consistent with the skills and expertise of the postholder, in non-routine circumstances.
Key Relationships of the Digital Communications Executive
- Senior Manager Communications
- Head of Departments
Key Job Measures:
Ensuring that digital channels to dynamically communicate to target audiences our work, messages and achievements.
- Impact & Quality: working on solving big problems.
- Innovative Problem-Solving
- Growth & Learning embrace curiosity
- Time Management
- Decision-Making Skills
- Reporting Skills.
- Managing process.
- Decision-making skills
Salary of a Digital Communications Executive
This varies across various organizations but usually between $ 120 – $1,000 excluding other health insurance policy for the Staff, spouse and four children, Non-Accidental bonus and other benefits.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or related field.
- writing, communication and management experience required.
- Strong creative, non-technical writing skills.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and assessment skills and project management skills.
- Ability to develop communications plans to synchronize with organizational goals
- Understanding of digital communications channels and tactics, including electronic and print media.
- Proven record in building digital media platforms, notably social media communications.
- Ability to build consensus and work with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to meet deadlines under extreme pressure.
- Knowledge of Analytics, SEO, SEM & PPC.