Digital Marketing Manager or Web Manager Job description sample
This Digital Marketing Manager or Web Manager Job description sample can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Job Title: Digital Marketing Manager or Web Manager
Digital Marketing Manager or Web Manager
The traditional Marketing Manager role has shifted to include digital skills in many organisations who recognise the importance of these channels. In larger organisations, digital marketing requires additional focus, so many companies are recruiting for this key role with specific responsibility for managing digital marketing.
Job description for Digital Marketing Manager
The variation on the job titles includes: Head of Digital Marketing, Digital Marketing Director. Digital Sales Manager, Clear Agency roles include Account Director- Digital, Digital Planners and Digital Account Directors.
- Junior roles within the team
The more junior roles are advertised as: (Senior) Digital Marketing Executive, Senior Marketing Executive, E-Commerce Marketing Professional, (Junior) Digital Project Manager and Digital Marketing Assistant.
However some of the titles can be misleading as some salaries and scope of responsibilities reflect a management role.
- Industry sector
- Client/Agency side
- Summary/Scope of role
- Main Duties /Areas of responsibility
Create digital marketing strategies and implement digital marketing plans or roadmaps to support lead acquisition and brand awareness objectives across the business to include digital PR, SEO, PPC, Social CRM, Affiliate and Email marketing.
- Ability to drive new leads via online channels and demonstration or evidence of ROI
- Ability to grow customer base via digital marketing channels.
- Manage desktop and mobile sites to improve customer experience, customer satisfaction and business value generated.
- Maintain and update websites with local marketing teams or external agencies. Includes optimisation of web pages, landing pages, conversion strategies and technical requirements.
- Ability to interpret research to support content strategies and multichannel (or omnichannel) user experience journeys.
- Manage and measure integrated campaigns to include online such as search, affiliate, email, social media, PPC and SEO. Report on results and set organisational KPIs and implement within dashboards using Google Analytics or other analytics packages.
- Social media planning and management to include blogs, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
- Measure and interpret data to include customer profiling and behaviour across customer journey mapping and web traffic data, PPC analytics.
- Email marketing experience, with the understanding to nurture relationships with new prospects and existing customers, for retention and upsell/cross-sell opportunities and to demonstrate ROI.
- CRM strategy and integration across digital platforms.
- Manage multichannel agencies including Branding, Digital, Display, SEO and PPC.
- Copywriting and brand experience for all channels including web, email marketing and off-line.
- Creative experience demonstrated across marketing campaigns for new content.
8. Person Spec: Skills and Experience
It varies across roles to the skills/experience which are set as desirable and essential.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication.
- Attention to detail.
- Organisational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Project management skills and ability to deliver on time.
- Strong leadership in managing a team.
- Highly motivated, confident, resilient and positive attitude.
- Passion for digital and online media.
- Strategic and creative.
- Energetic team player!
- Analytical mind to analyse data and metrics and translate insight into actionable strategies.
- Thought leader and passionate about digital marketing.
- Understanding of HTML and CSS (not essential for all depending on role seniority).
- Experience of using Content Management Systems (CMS).
- Understanding of Google Analytics or equivalent.
The more junior roles specify:
- Advanced Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
- Knowledge of web layout and browser compatibility issues.
- Understanding of SEO.
- Experience of online-video.
- Experience of WordPress.
- Write copy for banner ads and rich media.
Some of the traditional Marketing Manager’s roles which are advertising are only addressing digital skills in the job specification and not in the title and requesting:
- B2B or B2C ECRM.
- Search Strategy (Natural, PPC, SEO)
- Social Media Planning.
- On-line digital marketing experience and some focus on E-Commerce site experience.
- Ability to understand website requirements for both brand and social media integration.
9. Core Competencies
These tend to be required for public sector roles and private companies can interview candidates based on competencies. Some may include Leadership, Communication, Creativity, Project Management, Financial and Problem Solving.
10. Professional Qualifications and Associations
- Degree or equivalent Marketing, Communication, Advertising or business qualification
- Professional qualification i.e. CIM or IDM
- Google Adwords Certification or the equivalent (for some, but not all)
- 3-5 years online digital marketing experience.