5 Ways to Improve your Job search on LinkedIn
What is LinkedIn
According to Wikipedia LinkedIn is a business and employment-oriented service that operates via websites and mobile apps. Founded on December 28, 2002, and launched on May 5, 2003, it is mainly used for professional networking, including employers posting jobs and job seekers posting their CVs.
Here are 5 things to turn on to increase your recruitment chances on LinkedIn
- Career Interest: This enables recruiters to know you are actively searching for a job, turning this on makes you appear 10x more on recruiters search Visit your dashboard and turn on the green Icon now!
- Status Icon; Recruiters are likely to contact those they feel are active and this sign gives your profile that advantage Go to Settings>Privacy> Manage Active status.
- Public profile; A public profile is likely to appear 10x more on search engines both on and off LinkedIn and this increases your employment chances On your PC, Click Edit Public profile URL > click on
- Job Notifications; This allows LinkedIn to send you Job alerts as they come in depending on your area of interest Go to Settings>Communications> Notifications >Jobs and opportunities.
- E-mail Address; Making your email address public makes it easier for recruiters to contact you Go to Settings> Privacy> Who can see your email address> Anyone on LinkedIn