Gender Equality Officer Job at concern worldwide
Concern worldwide is
currently seeking suitable and qualified candidates to fill the role of a Gender
Concern worldwide is
an organization with the mission is to end extreme poverty – whatever it takes.
When disaster strikes we’re among the first on the ground.
And when the cameras leave – we stay, to help communities build a much brighter
Job Title: Gender Equality Officer
Job ID: GEO682662
Experience: Seniority Level
Industry: Information Technology & Services
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Lagos Nigeria
- Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Gender Equality Coordinator, the Gender Officer will play a lead role in the implementation of gender transformative training for Concern and in the implementation of gender-sensitive programming, including Concern’s engaging men and boys approach.
- Under the guidance of the Gender Equality Coordinator, the Gender Equality Officer will contribute to the implementation of activities set out in the Gender Equality Action plan.
- The Gender Officer is expected to understand Concern’s organizational gender equality strategy, policies and programme approach and to understand the intersections among gender inequality and poor outcomes in nutrition, health, and livelihoods.
- Provide induction relating to gender equality to new staff
- Assist in delivering gender transformative training to Concern staff, provide capacity building to key staff and Concern ‘Gender Champions’ to deliver gender equality training for staff at the regional/field level.
- Contribute to developing and ensuring a gender-sensitive working environment in Concern Ethiopia
- Support the work of the gender equality working groups within the head office and each regional office.
- Support the implementation of organizational conversations. Assist the gender equality coordinator in carrying out periodic organizational gender audits and staff attitude surveys.
- Project design & implementation
- Act as the focal person for gender-sensitive programming for Concern’s development and Emergency programs and provide support to programme staffs as required
- Provide training as required on best practice tools for the implementation of gender mainstreaming.
- Fully understand Concern’s Engaging Men and Boys Strategy and support the programme teams in its implementation
- Provide technical support to programme staff on the implementation of gender-sensitive programming including carrying out gender analysis and gender-related assessments, developing and monitoring gender-sensitive indicators
- Regularly monitor, review and evaluate the implementation of programs on gender mainstreaming, take appropriate and timely action and extract lessons learned for future program development and implementation.
- Provide substantive and technical input for the formulation, implementation and assessment of project activities;
- Prepare, review and contribute to project reports
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
- Review Provide technical review and support to the development and implementation of gender-responsive M & E systems, including gender-sensitive indicators.
- Undertake technical support visits to the programme areas.
- Contribute to the documentation of best practice and learning.
- Participate in learning reviews and evaluations and ensure that learnings are applied in the development of future gender-sensitive programming
- Contribute to the development of gender equality materials
- Carry out gender training for staff relating to both attitudes, behaviour and programmatic implementation
- Provide technical support to staff following completion of the trainings
- Attend forums and task forces in the absence of the Gender Equality Coordinator and as requested
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of campaigns around gender action/awareness-raising
- The concern is committed to responding to emergencies efficiently and effectively in order to help affected people meet their basic needs, alleviate suffering and maintain their dignity.
- To this end, when emergencies strike and the Ethiopia Programme is to respond, all staff are required to actively participate in the response, regardless of location and contribute to the efforts aimed at achieving the humanitarian objective of the organization.
- Participate and contribute as necessary towards Concern’s Emergency response as and when necessary
- Comply with Concern’s health, safety and security guidelines during emergencies
- The job holder will perform other duties
appropriate to the position as requested by the Gender Equality Coordinator
What we offer: Person Specification**:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Gender Studies
- A minimum of three years’ experience working on
gender equality, preferably in an international NGO
- In-depth knowledge of gender theories and concepts.
- Knowledge of best practice in gender equality programming, including mainstreaming tools and guidelines
- Significant experience and skills in delivering training on gender equality
- Have a strategy to challenge participants’ resistance and prejudices regarding gender issues, reflecting on their own practice
- Outstanding facilitation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, especially oral communication
- Proven skills in providing capacity building and support to staff
- Dynamic and energetic
- Technical understanding of gender mainstreaming and GBV concepts
Method of Application
Application closing date: Not Specified
you have any question as regards the job role, need a professional CV contact us we would love
to hear from you