Head, Support Services Job role at Sahara Group
Sahara Group is currently recruiting suitable and qualified candidates to fill the role of the Head support Services within its organization
Sahara Group is a leading international energy and infrastructure conglomerate with operations in over 38 countries across Africa, the Middle East, Europe and Asia.
Why Work With Us?
Spanning three decades, we have broken ground and challenged
stereotypes across the global business landscape. The women and men who make up
our organization are our strongest levers for growth. Through their
unparalleled talent and dedication, we have expanded our global footprint and
earned the distinction of becoming a fast-growing and dynamic multinational
organization with an African heritage.
Our irrepressible spirit and audacity to succeed where others have flinched or failed are at the core of our genetic make-up
Creed and Culture
The Sahara experience is unique not just because of the rich
human resources that constitute our workforce, but also the spirit and the
ethos of commitment, resourcefulness and disruptive creativity that underscores
how we deliver on our value proposition and achieve shared goals.
We freely admit to loving who we are and what we do. The
pride we take in our organization and the common knowledge that we are telling
an African success story to an international audience is one of our greatest
strengths and the secret sauce in our recipe for global expansion and
We are seeking suitable & qualified candidates to fill the job role of the Head, Support Services
Job Title: Head, Support Services
Job ID: HSS5635
Location: Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria
Department: EGBIN POWER PLC
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Senior Manager/Supervisor
Egbin Power Plc. a subsidiary of the Sahara Power Group housed along the Lagos Lagoon is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Presently, the largest privately-owned generating power station in Sub-Saharan Africa with an Installed Capacity of 1320 MW. Egbin Power Plant was built to meet the ever-rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs with plans to expand its generation capacity to exceed 5,000MW within the next five years.
We seek an individual who will coordinate the administrative
support activities for the plant, offices, residential estate and facilities,
fleet management, oversee the management of contract staffs and ensure
efficient and effective delivery of support services including workstation
setup, repairs, vehicle request, boat services, janitorial services etc. to all
personnel within Egbin.
In addition, coordinate, oversee and drive Egbin lifestyle
activities & initiatives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Champion the articulation and implementation of effective processes and procedures for facilities management, fleet management in Egbin Power Plc. and recommend measures to optimize and manage all the assets and facilities at Egbin Power Plc.
- Translate the department’s strategic direction and objectives into plans and programs, and communicate to subordinates ensuring mutual understanding of roles, responsibilities and accountability.
- Supervise the provision and management of general office administration services including workstation setup, replacement of office furniture, office facility repairs & maintenance etc.
- Assume primary responsibility for managing contracts with vendors and proactively manage vendor relationships to ensure adherence to service level agreements. Such services include janitorial services, facilities management and fleet management etc.
- Coordinate and manage activities relating to transport services; boat and fleet management ensuring compliance with the organization’s operating policies, controls and procedures.
- Coordinate Egbin Power Plc.’s transport and maintenance service to ensure a smooth operation of plant fleet.
- Oversee the monitoring, tracking and maintenance of the organization’s utilities, office facilities, sports centre, other property/ real estate (clubhouse & Gym) and develop suitable procedures and systems to optimize and manage the organization’s facilities.
- Oversee the coordination of all User Interface Unit (UIU) activities and distribution of token in a timely & prompt manner
- Oversee and manage the fleet of vehicles & boats for the Plant and coordinate the activities of drivers & pilots towards the provision of quality transport services.
- Proactively survey internal customer satisfaction levels to assess the performance of the Support Services department in executing its responsibilities.
- Supervise the renovation and maintenance of Egbin Power Plc.’s office and residential facilities, and oversee the excellent performance of maintenance activities in these facilities.
- Review and authorize the allocation of the unit in line with approved unit allotted to estate residence.
- Prepare and monitor the annual budget for the Support Services department and take corrective action in case of any variation.
- Prepare and compile agreed activity and performance reports for the attention of the CEO.
- Coach, mentor and conduct performance appraisal for subordinates on a timely basis
- Review periodic status reports on the unit’s activities, make recommendations and observations where necessary
- Conduct performance review of subordinates.
- Prepare a periodic report for the attention of the CEO.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the CEO.
Education and Work Experience
- MBA/M.Sc with a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in any discipline, preferably in the Social Sciences.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years cognate experience in a similar role with 5 years in a managerial position.
- Relevant professional certifications will be an added advantage
Skills and Competencies
- A basic appreciation of the power sector and its dynamics.
- Good understanding of Egbin Power Plc.’s business operations.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong strategic planning and execution skills
- Contract management skills
- Good leadership and people management skills.
- Good communication, relationship management and networking skills.
- Understanding of facility and fleet management processes and practices.
- Strong communication and networking skills.
- Good business writing skills.
- Good supervisory, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong proficiency in the use of MS Office tools
Method of Application
Date: Not Specified