Teal Harmony is currently seeking suitable and candidates to fill the role of an Account officer
Job title: Account officer
Job ID: AO77655
Job Location: Lekki Phase 1 Lagos
Job Type: Full Time
Remuneration: Highly competitive
Our client, an Interior design company located in Lekki Phase 1, Lagos, who are specialists in this field seek to employ an Account Officer who will oversee the Bookkeeping and other financial related functions of the company in an oversaturated marketplace.
The Account Officer monitors whether a project is on track, within budget and profitable. As the role often operates on an interdepartmental basis, the accountant is well positioned to report and track different transactions as the project proceeds across the organization. He/she gets to the crux of what the company is all about and stands for and helps tell that story in a genuine way.
Your Responsibilities are as follows;
- Preparation and Update of project analysis report
- Daily Update of cash collections and bank reconciliations
- Generate and analyze current financial status by collecting information, preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, project expense and other reports.
- Ensure consistent billing and financial reporting at project levels by following best practices.
- Invoice preparation and distribution
- Monitor accounts receivable and support project managers with collection efforts.
- Review project budgets, staffing and work plans to guarantee appropriate fees.
- Project tracking assistance and Job Progress Report to Project Managers
- Filing of all employee and company taxes
- Effectively communicate with Project Managers (PM) and Principals-in-Charge (PIC), regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and any additional services-related to billing.
- Maintain the billing folders for all projects, with all the appropriate documents, including expenses, consultant invoices, and monthly invoices, in accordance with standard procedures.
- Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements.
- Ensure up-to-date maintenance of client contracts that reflect project needs.
- Guarantee timely reporting, budgeting, financial management and project forecasting to management.
- Maintaining all relevant income and expenditure for each project
- Help develop the accounting software we use and build confidence in the financial information that it produces.
- Assisting with the preparation of quarterly forecasts and cashflow projections.
- Any other tasks as requested by the management.
Skill required for this role:
- Corporate and business reporting
- Financial management
- Governance, risk and control
- Management Accounting
- Analytical skill
- Attention to details
- Project management s
- Excellent Oral and written communication
- Customer relationship management
Basic Requirement for this role
- BSc/HND in Finance
- ICAN/ACCA in view
- Other professional qualifications
Method of Application
Qualified candidates are expected to send in their updated Cvs and Cover letter using the job role as a subject to email@example.com
Application Closing Date: 31/07/2021