FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization based in North Carolina. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
Job Title: Assistant Technical Officer – Monitoring & Evaluation
Job ID: ATO78990
Locatio: Nigeria-Calabar (Bishop Monyach Ave; F)
Position Title: Assistant Technical Officer – M&E
Location: Boki and Etung LGAs, Cross River
Supervisor: Project Coordinator
The ATO – M&E will assist in monitoring and evaluating program activities at the assigned field site. Primary responsibilities include collecting information on project activities in each sector for proper documentation and reporting of activities.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Design monitoring and evaluation tools.
- Support implementation and use of monitoring and evaluation tools, and adherence to complete, correct and timely reporting.
- Conduct routine monitoring visits to supported facilities, including collecting data on project activities and assist in the preparation of weekly reports.
- Institute/strengthen disease surveillance and early warning system in project supported facilities and communities
- Provide direct technical assistance and capacity building to project supported health facilities.
- Responsible for data entry of project inputs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge and experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues related to the communities.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- Adequate understanding of any of the local languages
- Strong communication competence.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Knowledge of the project terrain
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BS/BA in statistics, Pharmacy, microbiology, monitoring and evaluation or in relevant degree with 1 – 3 years relevant experience in Monitoring and Evaluation or data management.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public health sector systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
- A sound understanding of humanitarian assistance programming is desirable.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
To apply for this job please visit fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.