- Responsible for turning data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions.
- Responsible for presenting information through reports and visualization and executing queries upon request for data
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Translate business needs and requirements to technical specifications
- Design, build and deploy BI solutions (i.e. Reporting Tools)
- Create tools to store and model data i.e. Data Cubes (OLAP) and Marts.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems and ETL processes
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Develop and execute database queries, packages, procedures and conduct analysis
- Create Visualizations and reports for requested projects
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities and improve existing BI systems
Bachelor’s and/or advanced degree with a concentration in Data Analytics; Finance; Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or Statistics/Mathematics.
Minimum 5 years working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst, preferably in the financial services industry
IT certifications and other professional qualifications will be an added advantage
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining, segmentation and data modelling techniques
- Strong knowledge of experience of SQL queries, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integrated Services (SSIS), Power BI
- Familiarity with BI technologies (e.g. Microsoft Power BI, Oracle BI)
- In depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL framework
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Background in Data Warehouse Design
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click the apply icon on the page.
Application Closing Date: Not Specified