Website Maersk Line
Maersk Line is one of the largest shipping companies in the world moving more than cargo also propelling ambitions. Their clients include individuals, firms, companies or a conglomerate, with a strong team of expertise, global network, and stability needed to drive any business forward.
Job Title: Compensation & Benefits Manager
job ID: CBM67873
location: Nigeria Lagos
job type: Full Time
Local: Human Resources
Last application date: 14/11/2019
- This position offers career development, exposure to multinational systems and process as well as an outstanding opportunity to join a professional team at APM Terminals and contribute to the success of the organization
• Prepares and maintains organizational structures, including Job Analysis, Job Classification and Job grading.
• Reviews salary recommendations (merit, equity, promotion) and provides explanations in support of those recommendations. In addition, monitor organisation’s salary structure and benefits; administer Incentive Programmes, and balance cost control with the need to attract and retain staff.
• Researches and analyses competitor’s salary rates and benefits.
• Develops and implements competitive benefit packages and remuneration strategy, in alignment with market remuneration conditions and industry benchmarks; ensuring they are in line with legal requirements.
• Administers the various compensation programs in the Company, including base pay and total compensation.
• Manages classification of internal positions in accordance with the Mercer job evaluation process and company procedure.
• Participates in the development and implementation of Manuals, Policies and Procedures.
• Manages the administration of Welfare programmes, such as Pension, Medical schemes, NSITF and ensures budget compliance.
We are looking for
• Requires a university degree in Human Resources, Personnel Management, Social Sciences or in other disciplines such as Statistics, Economics, Accounting, Public Administration, and Business Administration.
• Requires at least four to six years of being responsible for compensation, welfare and benefits within an organization. At least two years of management / supervisory experience will be an added advantage.
• Must be proficient in the use of payroll system (SAP, Human Manager, IFS)
• Must have worked in a multinational organization for at least 3 years.
• Must have working knowledge of advanced excel and salary applications.
• Must be familiar with Best practices in the professional field of Human Resources.
• Requires ability to communicate in English, both verbally and written.
• Considerable drive and interest in performance management and improvement processes, for the optimization of company performance and employee development.
• Self-starting, taking initiatives to influence events to achieve goals.
• Well-organised, timely, and persistent.
• Effective teamwork – inside and outside own organisation and authority lines.
• Possess empathy, personal tact, cultural understanding, and strong Communication, Presentation and People skills.
To apply for this job please visit jobsearch.maersk.com.