Co-creation Hub is currently seeking suitable and qualified candidates to fill the role of a Creative Media Designer (Associate).
Job Title: Creative Media Designer
Location: Herbert Macaulay Way, Adekunle, Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
Co-creation Hub is Africa’s leading technology innovation ecosystem builder on a mission to accelerate the application of science, technology and social capital for economic prosperity across Africa.
Our mandate is to build a formidable innovation ecosystem with a deeply rooted network, cultivating strategic partnerships and practical industry know-how that can support entrepreneurs and innovators in building thoughtful, relevant and scalable solutions.
From our locations in Lagos, Abuja, Ijebu Ode (in Nigeria), Nairobi (Kenya) and Kigali (Rwanda), we have built a vibrant community of over 81,000 people and counting and have supported to a portfolio of over 120 early-stage ventures including Lifebank, Ushahidi, Riby, BudgIT, Stutern, Kopo Kopo, Sendy, mFarm, Wecyclers and many more.
- As a Creative Associate, you will be responsible for translating conceptual design ideas into innovative and expressive multi-media assets, across digital and offline media.
- You are a strong communicator who thinks creatively, are detail-oriented and able to meet deadlines. You thrive in a collaborative environment and possess strong problem-solving, decision-making and organizational skills.
- As an innovative individual, you take the customer-driven approach to creating marketing and advertising materials for both internal use and external communications.
This role reports to the Creative Lead.
- Present concept visualization through sketches, drawings and illustrations
- Design visual concepts and graphics for product illustrations, logos & websites.
- Develop multimedia campaign assets (videos, animations, gifs & pictures).
- Design Visual brand assets that convey accurate messaging and undertone as dictated by the project.
- Determine the size, font style & arrangement of illustrative material based on the agreed brief.
- Incorporate recommended changes into final designs.
- Advice on best practices & optimizations throughout design projects.
Contribute to team effort by sitting in on conceptual design meetings and offering opinions.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Creative Lead.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Good Knowledge of Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator, Premiere Pro & After Effects.
Other Skills & Competencies
- Attention to detail, ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and work with little supervision
- Awareness of best practice, legalities and new developments in public relations/marketing communications
- Ability to research and understand the complex subject matter to produce succinct, engaging creative visuals for different audiences
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work on own initiative within set guidelines and as part of a team.
- The ability to build relationships and influence others based on sound professional knowledge
- Flexible, proactive, able to generate ideas and create solutions to problems.