United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is currently seeking suitable and qualified candidates to fill the role of Currency Trader.
United Bank for Africa Plc is one of the leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York.
Why Work With Us
United Bank for Africa Plc From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Currency Trader
Job ID: CT68929
The suitable and qualified candidate would be responsible for the following;
- Monitoring global currency markets for price movements.
- Monitoring and analyse developments in the external environment and their implications on third currencies to facilitate trading decisions.
- Evaluating technical analysis (charts) to identify trading opportunities.
- Ensure compliance with approved trade size and daily acceptable loss limits.
- Seal and cover trade at competitive prices for African subsidiaries, local banks and internal customers (Treasury Sales).
- Reconcile trades booked with platform blotter to ensure accuracy of information captured.
- Build and Maintain Relationships
- Build a trust relationship with African subsidiaries, local banks and internal customers (Treasury Sales).
- Generate Daily Settlement for back-office (Treasury Ops FCY) by end of day for settlement
- Daily generation of trade blotter for submission to Market Risk/Internal Control/ Finance.
- Prepare EOM blotter and income statement for signoff by the Group Treasurer, Internal Control and Performance Management.
- Conduct market intelligence into third currencies activities and provide market commentary and views for the Treasury newsletter .
- Manage relationships in accordance with policies, procedures and legal requirements.
- Review Master Agreements with foreign and local banks for the adequacy of the content.
- Liaise with other market participants, and implement market development initiatives.
- Generate reports for relevant stakeholders
- Generate Daily Settlement for Liquidity Management by end of day for funding
Application Closing Date: Not Specified.