Sterling Bank Plc is seeking suitable and qualified candidates to fill the role of a DevOps Engineer in the bank.
Sterling Bank Plc “Your one-customer bank” is a full service national commercial bank in Nigeria. In over 50 years of operations, Sterling Bank (formerly NAL Bank) has evolved from the nation’s pre-eminent investment banking institution to a fully-fledged commercial bank; and completed a merger with 4 other banks – Indo-Nigeria Merchant Bank, Magnum Trust Bank, NBM Bank and Trust Bank of Africa – as part of the 2006 consolidation of the Nigerian banking industry.
Applications are invited for:
Job Title: DevOps Engineer (Ranger)
Job Type: Full Time
Find your Tribe
- Are you a talented, creative problem-solver interested in building the bank of the future?
- Join us if you’re interested in building products used by our customers and shipping code at a rapid pace.
- On our team, everyone is welcome. We are all champions of impact and the culmination of our values means that every day at work, we try to create meaningful interactions.
Code to Bank
Welcome to Coders’ Island Mission:
- Good day,
- General Stallion has stolen some secret files from the CodeBank, he now commands a secret force of allies hidden deep in the forest of Hacker’s Island.
- Your ultimate task is to recover the secret files hidden at Coder’s Island in a CodeBattle.
What is the mission about?
- Work hand-in-hand with the development team to troubleshoot production issues and streamline code deployment
- Implement automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines)
- Design, develop, and implement critical software integrations for system troubleshooting and maintenance
- Implement and improve monitoring and alerting
- Investigate and resolve technical issues
- Build tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience
- Develop scripts to automate visualization
- Execute and automate operational processes fast, accurately and securely
- Manage source control including SVN and GIT
What do you need?
- Hands-on experience in at least in one scripting language, system & server administration and mass system deployments
- Hands-on experience with networking security, databases and SQL
- Strong knowledge of the Azure cloud environment
- Expert in code deployment tools (Puppet, Ansible, and Chef)
- Experience in network, server, and application-status monitoring
- A strong command of software-automation production systems
- Expertise in software development methodologies
- Working knowledge of known DevOps tools like Git and GitHub
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Lieutenant: (1 – 2 years of proven experience/ equivalent skillset)
- Colonel: (3 – 4 years of proven experience/ equivalent skillset)
- General: (5 – 8 years of proven experience/ equivalent skillset)