Society for Family Health Nigeria is currently seeking suitable & qualified candidates to fill the Role of the Director of Finance and Operations;
Society for Family Health is one of Nigeria’s largest non-governmental organisations. Founded in 1985 by three eminent Nigerians: Justice Ifeyinwa Nzeako (late), Professor Olikoye Ransome-Kuti (late), Pharmacist Dahiru Wali and Phil Harvey.
Why Work With Us?
The mission of Society for Family Health Nigeria has a mission to empower
Nigerians, particularly the poor and vulnerable to lead healthier lives,
working with the private and public sectors, SFH adopts social marketing and behaviour change communication to improve access to essential health
information, services, and products to motivate the adoption of healthy
Job Title: Director of Finance and Operations (DFO)- Tuberculosis Programme
Location:– (North East/South-West) North-East/ South West, Nigeria
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: sfh-02656
The DFO will be the lead expert for financial management as well as for administrative, human resource and logistics management. S/he will be responsible for overseeing project accounting and finance/budget management, along with project operations, in line with donor policies.
This includes being responsible for efficient resource deployment and use, program accounting and financial reporting systems, cost-share and related reporting and ensuring compliance with donor financial and accounting rules and regulations.
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration or a closely related field. Master’s degree and or Professional Qualification will be an added advantage;
- A minimum of 8 (eight) years of progressively responsible experience in overseeing financial operations and management of large-scale, complex development activities in developing countries;
- A minimum of 4 years of experience overseeing the procurement administration and financial management and reporting of a USG-funded activity;
- Demonstrated understanding, experience and competency in working with community organizations/structures and community leaders;
- Demonstrated experience with coordinating, analysing and reporting financial performance, financial forecasting and budget variance analysis.
- Demonstrated experience managing operations including managing people and performance.
Skills and competencies:
The successful candidate will be a person of integrity with excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- A thorough understanding of USAID financial guidelines and rules, international accounting standards and Nigerian tax and fiscal policies.
- Hands on experience using an ERP and/or financial management MIS with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Requires a high level of creativity and innovation and the ability to maintain operational efficiency in a fast-paced work environment
About Society for Family Health Nigeria
The Society for Family Health (SFH) Nigeria is a non governmental organisation (NGO), incorporated in 1985, focused on providing malaria prevention and treatment (including intermittent preventive treatment), HIV prevention (including Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission), maternal and child health, sexual and reproductive health, family planning, cervical cancer screening and prevention and safe water systems.SFH uses social marketing, behaviour change communication (communication through radio dramas, mass media messages, etc.) and research working in partnership with the Government of Nigeria and community-based organisations.