GE is a company operating in has been operating in Nigeria with businesses spanning a number of key sectors including aviation, power, oil and gas, healthcare, and rail transportation also providing technological solutions
Job Title: Field Specialist – Controls
Job ID: FSC83773
Category: GE Oil & Gas Experienced
Job Function: Services
Business Segment: Oil & Gas Turbomachinery Process Solutions
Location(s): Nigeria; Port Harcourt
The Field Specialist will be in charge of site activities management including planning, assigning manpower resources and tools, providing technical assistance to complete the work scope according to contractual requirements.
- As a Field Specialist you will represent BHGE both technically and professionally to ensure that equipment is installed, maintained and started properly.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Provide customers with high quality, value-added service worldwide, the front-line business of BHGE.
- Provide technical direction and/or project management of installation, commissioning and maintenance of Gas Turbines and Compressors and related products.
- Providing input for Daily Outage, Resident Engineer or Weekly Service Reports
- Communicating effectively with Service Managers / Installation Managers and Site Leaders on job planning and execution and with Resource Manager regarding site arrivals, departures and job progression
- To prepare field services jobs and interventions with the Service Managers.
- Supervise the installation, calibration and set up of instruments.
- Supervise cable laying, meggering and connection.
- Lead and execute loop check and commissioning phase performing the functional tests.
- Lead and execute unit start-up and performance tests ensuring proper and safe operation of the machine by evaluating the running parameters and troubleshoot control system problem as they arise.
- Write accurate professional reports acting as a single point of contact between Customers and TPS BHGE headquarters concerning technical issues and interfacing with all involved functions.
- Use company e-tools to retrieve technical documents and management of packing list, bill of material and drawings.
- Providing leadership and technical direction to skilled labour performing work on customer sites
- Maintaining strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within BHGE safety standards
- Preparing timely and accurate technical reports for customer records and a reference for future outages
- Troubleshooting control operations and maintenance problems in the equipment
- Support the business growth requirement by driving customer satisfaction.
- Ensure all in-field activities carried out safely complying with company Health, Safety & Environment HSE guidelines and procedures.
- The candidate will be responsible to keep the reliability of Customers assets and to support on the proactive way all BHGE TPS customers.
- University degree in Electrical/Electronic/Computer engineering or equivalent experience
- Good command of oral and written English
- A depth of relevant experience in energy, power or oil & gas industries• Training/experience with installation and maintenance programs for Gas Turbines sets and all related, off base related auxiliary equipment.
- Strong customer service-oriented.
- Demonstrate consistently high levels of performance.
- Work efficiently without direct supervision
- Willing to continuously work on construction/maintenance sites and travel worldwide.
- This role requires extensive travel. Applicants must be willing and able to travel significantly (not less than 70%) without geographical restriction
- Health, Safety & Environment mindset and compliance.
- Power plant, oil and gas industry or field service experience strongly preferred.
- Good knowledge of MKV, MKVI & MKVIe Control Panel on Heavy Duty Gas Turbines and Compressors units.
- Good knowledge of Bently Nevada 3500, Alen Bradley PLC5 & panel view, Siemens STEP5 & Contrologix, GE Fanuc 9030 & Rx3i, Cimplicity, Historian.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click the apply button, then click the link displayed to apply on the company’s website
To apply for this job please visit jobs.gecareers.com.