Paga is currently seeking suitable and qualified candidates to fill the role of a Finance Manager.
Paga’s mission is to make it simple for people to access and use money. Paga is a leading payment and mobile money business.
Job Title: Finance Manager
Location:· Addis-Ababa, NA
Sector: Financial Services
Location: Addis-Ababa, Ethiopia
Career Level: Senior Management Level
Reports To: Group Chief Financial Officer and Chief Executive of Paga Ethiopia
Experience: Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Financial Controller role
Paga is a licensed financial services company and a leading payments company with a massive transformative purpose – to make it simple for one billion people to access and use money. It was founded on the simple belief that the ubiquity of mobile phones can be leveraged in building an ecosystem that enables people to digitally send and receive money and creating simple financial access for everyone.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Finance Manager will be responsible for the day to day management of the Finance Organisation and finance operations including Month End Accounting and Reporting, is responsible for the budget planning, and supports the Senior Leadership Team in the country as well as reporting to the Group Finance Organisation based in London. The Finance Manager will be required to act as part of the local leadership team and be capable of offering insights and financial advice that will allow them to make the best business decisions for the company and the Group.
This highly commercial position is a key role within the Finance Organisation but also the surrounding business. As Finance Manager, your responsibilities will include overseeing the end to end finance operations, financial planning, and analysis, balance sheet reconciliations, identifying opportunities to make improvements to procedures and control, as well as ad-hoc projects and requests as and when they arise.
The role requires a highly motivated self-starter with excellent financial accounting and financial planning experience, alongside excellent communication skills. The role will also require staff management training and development of the small team based in Ethiopia.
• Month-end Accounting and reporting, preparing and posting of the monthly accruals, prepayments, revenue accounting and preparation of the monthly Management Reporting pack for submission to Group.
• Support the local Budgeting and forecasting process in line with Group Guidance and timelines, this will include the Annual Budgeting cycle as well as delivering the monthly forecasting updates to local management and Group,
• Leading the analysis of monthly and quarterly numbers and presenting findings to the local management team members and Group.
• Managing the end-to-end audit process of current systems – while acting as the first point of contact for external auditors. This activity will be undertaken in accordance with Group Guidance.
• Continually identify risks to delivery, propose solutions where necessary and effectively manage stakeholder expectations throughout.
• Dealing with Working Capital Management and production of weekly and monthly Cash flow forecasts.
• Responsible for payroll, VAT and submissions to local tax authorities in accordance with the local reporting requirements.
• Support the Group Finance Organisation with Reporting requirements and business analytics and performance management
• Support the local management team on monthly/quarterly business performance reviews and will be expected to take the lead on both Finance and Commercial matters impacting the business.
• Support the Risk and Internal Audit Functions of the Group with routine Audit Cycles as well as ensuring all aspects of Risk Management programmes are deployed across the Company in accordance with Group Guidance and local regulatory requirements.
• Support the Group Finance Organisation in the deployment of Oracle NetSuite for Ethiopia as part of the wider change and adoption of the new ERP solution for the Group.
• Full Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
• 10 years post qualification experience in a similar role
• Strong technical accounting knowledge and experience
• Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint with advanced modeling skills and experience
• Production of Statutory Accounts and Tax Returns and submissions
• Ability to delegate and manage the work of others
• Experience of AP and AR
• Experience running internal and external annual audit
• Excellent Communicator
• Strong Interpersonal skills
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2:1 required, Master’s degree is desirable.
• Qualified Accountant with at least 10 years Post Qualification Experience (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
• At least 5 years’ relevant experience in Accounting, Budgeting, or Planning or Internal Audit.