Nigerdock is the leading indigenous Nigerian energy services company with diverse but related capabilities in complex oil and gas project delivery during both the greenfield and brownfield stages of an asset lifecycle a member of Jagal Energy.
Job Title: Financial Controller
Job ID: FC83772
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Lagos, Nigeria · Finance
- Prepare Monthly Management Accounts;
Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the monthly management accounts;
- Prepare monthly variance reports for all reporting entities and provide explanations to variances;
- Prepare a quarterly forecast for the full year in the format of the monthly management accounts;
- Provide useful insights into business performance and recommend improvement activities.
- Oversee full financial accounting systems and processes e.g. accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll function;
- Prepare Intercompany reconciliation and statements
- Review key assumptions for reasonableness; analyse and quantify key risks and judgements used in the financial figures reported.
- Develop financial reporting in the ERP system to meet company requirements;
- Provide support to other departments to maximise amounts invoiced to clients and to efficiently collect payments;
- Provide financial information to support commercial activities within the business and other departments as required;
- Ensure compliance for statutory deductions and payments;
Manage tax reporting and audits;
- Ensure insurance coverage is in place at all times to meet statutory and company requirements;
- Plan and manage the annual external accounts audit to produce draft financial statements within 10 weeks of the year end;
- Oversee the preparation of quality and timely financial statements and reports in line with IFRS standards
- Provide ad-hoc support to the GM Finance as required (i.e. special projects)
- Other duties as required
- University Graduate or equivalent
- Professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Minimum 8 years of experience in a similar role or within a Finance team.
- Wide experience of working with ERP/Accounting software
- Experience of large projects and EPIC would be advantageous
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop and present ideas and reasoned arguments clearly and concisely to various audiences
- High level of integrity and ethical behaviour – sets a good example
Strong ability to prioritize, multi-task and delegate
- Culturally aware and adept at operating in a multi-cultural environment
- Advance MS Excel financial planning and modelling skills
Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes; Outlook, Word, PowerPoint
- Solid team player with high energy and go get attitude to deliver results
- High degree of resilience.
- Demonstrable evidence of interpreting & manipulating data clearly and accurately with the ability to extract & clearly articulate key points
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click the apply button, then click the link displayed to apply on the companies website.
To apply for this job please visit nigerdock.workable.com.