Job Title: Financial Controller
Job ID: FC83772
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Lagos, Nigeria · Finance
- Prepare Monthly Management Accounts;
Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the monthly management accounts;
- Prepare monthly variance reports for all reporting entities and provide explanations to variances;
- Prepare a quarterly forecast for the full year in the format of the monthly management accounts;
- Provide useful insights into business performance and recommend improvement activities.
- Oversee full financial accounting systems and processes e.g. accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll function;
- Prepare Intercompany reconciliation and statements
- Review key assumptions for reasonableness; analyse and quantify key risks and judgements used in the financial figures reported.
- Develop financial reporting in the ERP system to meet company requirements;
- Provide support to other departments to maximise amounts invoiced to clients and to efficiently collect payments;
- Provide financial information to support commercial activities within the business and other departments as required;
- Ensure compliance for statutory deductions and payments;
Manage tax reporting and audits;
- Ensure insurance coverage is in place at all times to meet statutory and company requirements;
- Plan and manage the annual external accounts audit to produce draft financial statements within 10 weeks of the year end;
- Oversee the preparation of quality and timely financial statements and reports in line with IFRS standards
- Provide ad-hoc support to the GM Finance as required (i.e. special projects)
- Other duties as required
- University Graduate or equivalent
- Professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Minimum 8 years of experience in a similar role or within a Finance team.
- Wide experience of working with ERP/Accounting software
- Experience of large projects and EPIC would be advantageous
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop and present ideas and reasoned arguments clearly and concisely to various audiences
- High level of integrity and ethical behaviour – sets a good example
Strong ability to prioritize, multi-task and delegate
- Culturally aware and adept at operating in a multi-cultural environment
- Advance MS Excel financial planning and modelling skills
Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes; Outlook, Word, PowerPoint
- Solid team player with high energy and go get attitude to deliver results
- High degree of resilience.
- Demonstrable evidence of interpreting & manipulating data clearly and accurately with the ability to extract & clearly articulate key points
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click the apply button, then click the link displayed to apply on the companies website.