Jumia is one of Africa’s leading internet group with huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services
Job Title: Head of Performance Marketing
Job ID: HOP8993
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 8 years Digital Marketing Experience
Who we are: Jumia Group
Jumia is the leading e-commerce player in Africa. Jumia was founded in 2012 in Nigeria with a clear mission, to relentlessly build the most effortless and reliable online shopping environment, providing consumers with the widest range of genuine products at low prices. Jumia has now expanded to 15 countries with over 4,000 employees across Africa, integrated most of the value chain from our own delivery fleet to our customer service and our own warehouse.
Jumia is part of Jumia Group, a leading global incubator of startups specialized in e-commerce. Jumia Group is Africa’s leading internet firm, with already over 14 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia eCommerce, Jumia Food, Jumia Cars, Jumia House and Jumia Travel. It is led by very talented people offering a great mix of local and international profiles.
Jumia Group has 7 investors, MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, CDC, and Goldman Sachs. The group went public by listing on the NYSE in 2019 as the first African Tech Start-Up to do so.
Africa is one of the fastest-growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Jumia Group steps in.
We are currently looking for exceptional people to join our team and embark on an exciting journey
This position will be responsible for developing and leading the strategic plan and vision for digital platform development: website content, e-commerce, personalization, testing, marketing, and digital technology. The role also entails working hand in hand with the commercial team on planning and ensuring country targets are adhered to.
Project & Process Management
- Achieve country marketing performance given business targets.
- This includes budget allocation and monitoring to maximize return of investment per customer. With the help of the marketing mix, anticipating the business direction, considering country specifics and best practices.
- Together with commercial team, define and plan monthly sales campaign
- Coordinate across marketing teams (online, CRM, shop, design, PR, offline), monitoring execution and reporting on campaign performance
- Keep team’s workflow and deadlines aligned with overall campaign goals
- Own event calendar, anticipate marketing planning given business strategy
- Execute and monitor on marketing contribution campaigns to further develop and professionalize processes.
- Anticipate and evaluate issues as they arise by working in close collaboration with the country teams and deliver plans to counter in line with business targets.
- Guide channel managers to prepare long-term channel roadmap for technical developments and channel improvements.
- Long term strategy planning: Communicate on the mission, translating business targets into a marketing plan and breaking it down into marketing KPIs to improve marketing efficiency;
- Best practices: Ensure marketing plans and strategies are benchmarked against other countries and companies; Process & Elaboration: of marketing planning deliverables (automation, processes, planning, budgets, storyboards) and documentation (functional specifications, user manuals);
- Internal communication: Organize, participate and lead a monthly meeting with all stakeholders with the aim of adjusting the marketing plan and operational feedback;
- Growth strategy: Work in synergy with the marketing and category management team to identify new growth opportunities and ways in which to improve our presence in Africa through the campaigns promoted.
Performance Analysis (Web & Finance)
- Coordinate department/vertical specific reporting that will feed the marketing efficiency plan; Present post-mortem campaign efficiency to Global Head of Marketing, country MD ́s and other stakeholders as required;
- Forecast, evaluate, measure and report on marketing effectiveness and ROI; report it on a weekly basis to MD’s, the Global Head of Marketing and other Marketing Heads.
Global Marketing Team Member & Support
- Actively anticipate to the definition of the Marketing plan;
- Participate and propose potential global marketing process & strategy improvements;
- Act as a senior marketing advisor and business partner to the Global Head of Marketing; MD ́s and other PMO’s;
- Coordinate with Global Head of Marketing by producing business analyses and benchmarks that will serve to propose tactical and strategic decisions for marketing planning.
Key Performance Indicators
- Business KPI ́s following latest BP monitoring marketing efficiency (Cost/revenue, Cost/PC1)
- % growth of free traffic share to support marketing efficiency
- A 360° marketing and campaign plan to support customer acquisition and retention
- New traffic sources identified supporting growth targets
- Identifying and executing the potential of mobile, within the constraints of marketing efficiency Innovative ideas brought and implemented
- Marketing contribution campaigns successfully implemented (from planning, to reporting)
- Significant impact on customer experience (BR, CR, time spent, etc.) due to flawless execution of campaigns across channels (shared responsibility)
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and 8+ years digital marketing experience, preferably in the technology and/or marketing sector, agency experience is a plus.
- 5+ years of developing and executing successful online direct marketing programs (paid search, paid social, affiliate, display, mobile app)
- High-growth, early-stage marketing experience with a proven track record of scaling spend without compromising efficiency
- Digital marketing experience required including expertise in analytics, A/B and multivariate testing, LTV modelling, etc.
- Experience identifying target audiences, working with customer segmentation and personalization, and creating campaign strategies required
- Strong working knowledge of WordPress or related CMS, Google Analytics, Salesforce or related CRM, HubSpot or other marketing automation platform, and all social content platforms
To apply for this job please visit africainternetgroup.peoplehr.net.