Machineyard.com.ng is currently seeking suitable and qualified candidates to fill the role of Head of School.
Machineyard.com.ng is a small team of dedicated industry stakeholders dedicated to helping you secure all your heavy equipment needs. Whether you are a heavy equipment dealer intending to hire or sell your equipment, a contractor looking for equipment for a project, an agent looking to advertise on behalf of a company Machineyard is here to serve you.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Head of School
Location: Ibeju Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
Our Client, a fast-growing group of schools located in Ibeju Lekki
The officeholder will be responsible to the school board for the overall leadership and management of the school, leading in the development of strategic, policy and development plans that ensures the School meets international standards.
Advise and implement rigorous academic policies to ensure that students receive the highest standard of education and that demanding and measurable targets and objectives are set for the staff.
- Responsible for the day to day management of the school.
- Create a clear vision and positive ethos for the future of the School which embraces the purpose, mission and strategic targets set in the school’s mission.
- Ensure the highest possible standards of education through the promotion of effective teaching and learning, a balanced Nigerian, British and American curriculums, and the provision of rich extracurricular activities.
- Lead and direct all members of staff and students, through the direct management of the school’s leadership team, ensuring that effective responsibility is delegated through an appropriate management structure and that the school complies with educational and other relevant legislation, including, health and safety.
- Manage and develop staff to ensure that the school ‘s organization curriculum and resources enable everyone to achieve the highest possible standards.
- Monitor teacher’s plans, evaluate students’ classroom experience, track students’ attainment and evaluate progress towards meeting agreed targets.
- Communicate a clear view of the School’s aims so that all staff know what is required of them and are competent and committed to achieving the school’s goals.
- Responsible for promoting the aims and values of the school and ensure effective communications with all stakeholders, including staff, pupils, parents, the community served by the school, and relevant government agencies.
- Ensure all school’s teaching staff are committed to the school’s aims and are motivated and involved in the achievement of priorities and targets which the school sets for herself and provide the necessary support and guidance to implement the relevant action plans successfully.
- Stay up to date with the changes in government policy and wider educational practices
- Support the busy and varied life of the school, attending its events and wider program of activities as well as ensure child protection and safeguarding of students at all times.
- Minimum of B.Sc.or B.Ed in a relevant course
- Masters degree in Education is an added advantage
- Minimum of 8 – 10 years of relevant experience
- Advanced Degree/training and evidence of continuous professional improvement
- A desire to work and communicate with children
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Proficient in the use of virtual communication tools and Google GSuite
- Effective communication skills
This is a senior management position directly responsible to the school board.
Candidates who live within the Ajah – Ibeju Lekki – Epe Axis will be given the most consideration.