United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is currently seeking suitable and qualified candidates to fill the role of Head – Subsidiary Governance.
United Bank for Africa Plc is one of the leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York.
Why Work With Us
United Bank for Africa Plc From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head – Subsidiary Governance
Job ID: HSG7892
- Monitoring the activities of Company Secretaries in the various Anglophone Subsidiaries.
- Maintaining appropriate enterprise-wide Subsidiary governance policies.
- Promoting best practices of corporate governance in the Anglophone subsidiaries.
- Taking custodianship of corporate governance portfolio for the various subsidiaries.
- Providing support to Directors of subsidiaries on governance issues.
- Preparing and administering the corporate calendar for the Anglophone subsidiaries.
- Standardizing board packs and reporting formats for the Anglophone subsidiaries.
- Ensuring the integration of subsidiaries added through acquisitions.
- Assisting with the implementation of structured changes & initiatives affecting the subsidiaries.
- Promoting accountability of all Board Members and Management across the Group to Shareholders through improved transparency and disclosure
- Creating a centre of excellence for Subsidiary Governance.
- to Market Risk/Internal Control/ Finance.
- Broad knowledge of banking industry products and services
- In-depth knowledge of organizational structure and corporate governance best practices.
- Knowledge of International law
- Project management knowledge,
- Strong interpersonal relationship and human capital management skills
- Excellent communication and interviewing skill
- Attention to details
- Bi-lingual i.e. speaks fluent English plus any other African official language.
Remuneration: Negotiable, Attractive & Competitive
Application Closing Date: Not Specified.