Website Sahara Group
Sahara Group is a leading international energy and infrastructure conglomerate with operations in over 38 countries across Africa, Middle East, Europe and Asia
Job Title: Inventory Account Manager
Job ID: IAM7838
Location: Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
Department: Asharami Synergy Plc.
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Manager/Supervisor
- Responsible for monitoring and recording all inventory transactions in the general ledger. Identify ideal inventory method, implement, monitor and ensure adequate control mechanism.
- Oversee the entire inventory process from stock inflow and outflow.
- Provide real-time Inventory position and monetary value of the stock.
- Monitor timely and accurate capture of all inventory transactions: inflows and outflows
- Generate and analyze inventory data to determine and advise inventory cost, selling price and profit margin
- Update and maintain daily, weekly and monthly inventory report and position
- Manage the monthly financial closing for the inventory and costing processes
- Prepare monthly journal entries as required Identify inventory variances and causes and reconcile inventory accounts to the general ledger
- Analyze inventory related overhead cost and variable cost to ensure proper cost allocation
- Coordinate periodic physical inventory counts and maintain count records
- Provide expert advice and timely information as regards inventory to management and other units to aid decision making
- Provide information to the Commercial department to enable pricing decisions
- Oversee the entire inventory process and ensure efficiency and accuracy
- Assist in developing and documenting policies and procedures, including system requirements and internal controls
Adhoc duties as advised by the company Knowledge/Skills:
- Strong grasp of IFRS accounting and general accounting concepts
- Must possess knowledge of taxes and statutory deductions in Nigeria
ERP experience required, strong preference for Oracle experience
- Must have knowledge of different inventory valuation methods
- Must be able to do the complex analysis required to find and address inventory variances.
Minimum Qualification/ Experience:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics or relevant field
- Relevant Professional certification such as ICAN, ACCA , CIMA or CPA
- At least 5 years post-NYSC work experience in a similar role.
- Business management experience across a range of business disciplines
- Agility to commit to an action based on logical assumptions and factual information (using analytical tools), taking into consideration resources, constraints, etc.
- Has leadership and management abilities to coordinate inventory custodians across several locations
- Possesses a passion to help team members and ability to see the big picture and plan out details
- Strong analytical prowess and detail-oriented
- Reliable, follows through on commitments
- Strong process and planning orientation
- Goal-oriented, task driven
- External customers – including International Oil Companies
- Cross-functional with multiple departments External bodies such as Board of Directors, NSE, Capital Market, etc
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click the apply for job button, then click the link displayed
Application Closing Date: Not Specified
To apply for this job please visit www.sahara-group.com.