The Place is currently seeking suitable and qualified candidate to fill the role of a Inventory Manager
The Place is a trademark of Smackers Limited. It is a profitable player in the QSR industry in Nigeria with great prospects and staff strength of +1400 employees. Currently, our operations span across 17 locations (15 stores and 4 central operation units) in Lagos, Nigeria, with rapid expansion plans to penetrate more locations in the short to medium term.
Our current management team consists of experienced hands with over 60 years of experience that spans industry as well as management consulting in foremost multinational professional services companies.
We are constantly on the lookout for great talents who will work with us to build a brand that is passionate about delivering excellent services and quality meals to our customers. So, if you’ve got consulting experience in the manufacturing/production sector(s), passionate about reviewing and improving business processes and developing systems and people, and looking for exciting opportunities for self and career growth;
YOU are the TALENT we are looking for!
Job Title: Inventory Manager
Job Id: IM67289
Job type: Full Time
Location: Lagos Nigeria
- Develop, document and implement best practice inventory control and management control and processes.
- Ensure warehouse layout is optimally utilized by constantly reviewing layout, space utilization and materials
- Liaise with procurement and inbound logistics to ensure effective planning of stock activities using historic sales data and adequate documentation
- Define minimum stock level and reorder quantity taking lead time of each item into consideration. Ensure this is regularly updated in line with changes in business operations
- Develop and implement policies to ensure stock items are properly stored in the warehouse to prevent damage and loss
- Develop effective supply chain procedures and ensure proper communication between central warehouse and outlet storekeepers/accountants in terms of items transferred to the outlets.
- Devise ways to optimize inventory control procedures
- Ensure adequate stock accounting records are maintained for stock receipts and issuance and inter-company balanced at all times.
- Monitor stock level on daily basis and ensure adequate stock levels are maintained at all times in line with sales
- Authorize all stock good receipt and dispatch from central warehouse and equipment
- Analyse data to anticipate future needs
- Ensure the rule of First-in-first-out is complied with across all warehouse and our stores. Also ensure that perishable stock like plantain are painstakingly sorted at the point of receipt to ensure that riper/ softer ones that are more likely to perish sooner are used first
- Oversee warehouse staff and conduct performance appraisal on a timely basis
- Drive capacity building and training of warehouse staff including induction and orientation for new staff
- Define and implement an optimal departmental structure to support expanding operations of the Company
- Continuously review warehouse activities and identify and implement initiation
- Ensure regular stock count exercise are performed and all discrepancies are resolved in a timely manner
- Investigate in conjunction with internal audit damage/obsolete or missing stock items
- Get approval from management/financial controller on stock adjustments
- Coordinate and oversee the reorder cycle of all warehouse to eliminate stock out
- Ensure implementation of good housekeeping principles within the warehouse
- Liaise with Procurement to define and update standards for inputs/ raw materials: photo of standard, shape, size (dimension/ weight), ripeness, colouration, texture etc (particularly for inconsistent raw agricultural products): eg plantain, pepper, tomato, asun; (fish, prawn & snail etc size)
- Ensure compliance with standards on inputs/ raw materials received into store (thoroughly check, reject sub-standard items, promptly report/ record, track and resolve issues)
- Carry out research and liaise with maintenance to define and update optimal storage, preservation or ripening practices for item in store, and ensure compliance.
- An analytical mind with excellent numeric abilities
- Microsoft office skills especially Microsoft Excel skill
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills
- Display of a high level of integrity
- Experience of Inventory Management on ERP eg Microsoft Navision is a must
- 5-7 professional work experience with relevant warehouse/inventory experience
- Experience in food industry would be an added advantage
- An external or internal audit background is an added advantage
- Minimum of B.Sc/HND in any related discipline