Website Ecowas Regional Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERERA)
Job Title: Junior Power Expert
Job ID: JPE67388
Annual Salary: (UA 42,916.53/USD 67,713.70) TO (UA 49,106.81/USD 77,480.72)
Duration: Two (02) years
Under the supervision of the Senior Power Expert, he/she will give assistance in the management of power regulatory matters, among others, to the:
– Review and analysis of ECOWAS Member States Power sector regulatory techniques.
– Development of technical, economic and financial standards for the regional electricity power market.
– Benchmarking of the power sector Regulators (comparative analysis of the structure and the operational performances of the Power sector regulators at the regional level and periodic update).
– Review of the ECOWAS energy Master Plan.
– Follow-up of activities related to the development of electricity infrastructure, in the ECOWAS sub-region.
– Participate in the formulation, proposal, review and application of the regional tariff methodology and pricing model for the regional electricity market.
– Propose and set up technical rules and standards for the operation of the regional electricity system and market.
– Collation, management and monitoring of technical data in the regional electricity market.
– Monitoring of the reliability of the regional electricity system.
– Suggesting proposals for improvement of regulatory tools in Member States.
– Participate in the development of a regional framework for environmental protection, clean energy and energy efficiency.
– Harmonisation of technical standards in the regional electricity market.
– Any other duty as may be assigned by the hierarchy.
Qualifications / Experiences/Skills
- A minimum of a first degree in Engineering or any related field.
- Five (05) years professional experience relating to the conception and management of electric systems including two (2) years in technical regulation of power sector.
- Possession of a higher degree would reduce the required minimum professional experience to three (3) years with two (2) years in technical regulation of power sector.
- Good knowledge of all types of electricity generation, transmission and distribution infrastructure, as well as in their technical management and planning.
- Experience in Regional or International organizations would be an advantage.
- Good team player and performance oriented capability to work in a multicultural team.
- Must be computer literate.
- Excellent communication skills (spoken, written and presentational) and interpersonal skills (team player).
The applicant should be less than 50 years old at the time of recruitment.
Must be fluent in one of the official languages of ECOWAS Commission, English, French and Portuguese. A working knowledge of another would be an advantage.
Method of Application
Applicants should send, latest by Friday 30 August, 2019, at 5.00pm GMT, an electronic copy of their letter of motivation and curriculum vitae to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org In line with their desire to speed up and improve the recruitment process,
ERERA will only accept online applications.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com