The Place is currently seeking suitable and qualified candidates to fill the role of Learning & Development/Career Management Specialist
We are a profitable player in the QSR industry in Nigeria with great prospects and staff strength of +1400 employees. Currently, our operations span across 17 locations (15 stores, 3 clubs, 4 lounges, 3 hotels and 4 central operation units) in Lagos, Nigeria, with rapid expansion plans to penetrate more locations in the short to medium term.
Our current management team consists of experienced hands with over 60 years of experience that spans industry as well as management consulting in foremost multinational professional services companies.
We are constantly on the lookout for great talents who will work with us to build a brand that is passionate about delivering excellent services to our customers.
So, if you are looking for exciting opportunities for self and career growth; YOU are the TALENT we are looking for!
Job Position: Learning & Development/Career Mgmt. Specialist
Reports to: HR Manager
Grade Level: Level 4
Supervises: Learning & Development/Career Mgmt. Officer
• Responsible for developing and deploying learning interventions to meet employee’s development needs towards building the right depth and quality of organizational capabilities.
• Effective deployment of the organization’s career management plan
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Participate in the development of organisational strategy and plans to meet capacity development needs, manage delivery, measurement and follow-up.
• Develop methods, procedures and systems to support learning initiatives, and periodically evaluate their effectiveness in enhancing the skills of staff and their impact on productivity and performance.
• Develop, implement and maintain a corporate training system that ensures all job roles and corporate training needs are met on time to deliver the business targets.
• Champion the sourcing and implementation of learning and development programs to address identified staff skill and competency needs.
• Design effective induction/on-boarding programme to ensure early performance and retention of new hires.
• Periodically assess the efficiency and effectiveness of design/delivery of learning and development methodologies/techniques.
• Identify critical issues that inhibit organisational performance and develop integrated solutions to improve business performance.
• Assist to implement and monitor the talent review process in line with business strategy.
• Liaise and partner with appropriate training consultants/institutions to continually deliver top quality training interventions and maximise value from training investment.
• Monitor and review the progress of participants through the training impact evaluation system.
• Ensure all training activities and materials meet with relevant organisational and statutory policies.
• Ensure ITF approval for all training programme and follow up on reimbursement as and when due.
• Liaise with and maintain relationship with Industrial Training Fund and any other regulatory agency to ensure compliance with established legal and regulatory requirements.
• Keep abreast with trends/ updates in people management and make appropriate recommendations.
• Prepare activity reports for the attention of the Unit Head.
Competency and Skills Requirements
• The candidate must have experience in designing, developing and delivering training material; developing a training strategy and understanding of different training methods and channels
• Ability to /Experience in linking training to performance and quality
• Ability to carry out Training Needs Analysis
• Able to communicate ideas and instructions to staff at all levels in a clear and concise manner.
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ability to tactfully deal with difficult people to gain buy-in and manage their expectations.
• Flexible and adaptable; able to respond to change.
• Good level of independence, objectivity and assertiveness.
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to relate effectively across all levels.
• Able to deal with sensitive information in a confidential manner.
• Good conflict management and resolution skills.
• An inquiring mind set consistently seeking innovative ways to deliver without compromising quality.
• A first degree or its equivalent in any Humanities or social sciences discipline.
• Professional certification such as CIPM or any other recognized certification.
• Minimum of five (5) years’ work experience in similar position.
- Health plan
- 13th Month bonus
- Free Lunch
If you’re excited with our company’s vision and want to start the path of becoming one of our future leaders, we’d like to hear from you.