Website Maersk Line
Maersk Line is one of the largest shipping company in the world moving more than cargo also propelling ambitions.
Job Title: Maintenance Supervisor (Vehicle Workshop)
Job ID: MS7867
Location: Nigeria Lagos Local Terminal Operations/Engineering
Last application date: 20/8/2019
Job Type: Full Time
APM Terminals is the global terminal operating arm of the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group. APM Terminals operates a Global Terminal Network of 76 operating port and terminal facilities and 117 Inland Services operations in 59 countries around the globe.
- APM Terminals offers tremendous growth, career and leadership opportunities for those with the ambition, drive and dedication to become one of the best.
- An opportunity to be part of a high performance team that ensures APM Terminals is the most efficient, safe and profitable terminals in the region.
- Manages the general maintenance of light/heavy motor vehicles and busses, and ensure that repair and general maintenance is carried out according to standards.
- Carries out quality control and inspection to ensure the vehicles are maintained to standard.
- Coordinates the work assignments among the various sections and subcontractors (vehicle workshop, equipment control, and fabrication/welding) so that schedules are met and motor vehicles and busses are maintained to standard.
- Provides accurate information and reports on daily equipment availability and repair status to General Manager Engineering.
We are looking for
- Preferable a university degree in Automotive or Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of general supervisory experience in vehicle and/or equipment maintenance section in transportation/logistics industry. In addition, requires at least three years of supervisory experience for a technical work group.
- Requires knowledge of wide range of automotive electrical and mechanical equipment, and their controls.
- Requires knowledge and ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and schematics for various automotive types and engines.
- Requires a high level of understanding of quality control and management.
- Requires a good understanding supervisory/management principles.
- Must be able to trouble shoot / diagnose / identify mechanical and electrical problems, and provide direction for solutions.
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership and influencing skills.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment in order to set priorities.
- Requires intermediate verbal and written communications skills in English, in addition to effective interpersonal skills.
- Requires exceptional time management, due to fast-moving, demanding work environment.
To apply for this job please visit jobsearch.maersk.com.