Society for Family Health is one of Nigeria’s largest non-governmental organisations. Founded in 1985 by three eminent Nigerians: Justice Ifeyinwa Nzeako (late), Professor Olikoye Ransome-Kuti (late), Pharmacist Dahiru Wali and Phil Harvey.
Why Work With Us?
The mission of Society for Family Health Nigeria has a mission to empower
Nigerians, particularly the poor and vulnerable to lead healthier lives, working with the private and public sectors, SFH adopts social marketing and behaviour change communication to improve access to essential health information, services, and products to motivate the adoption of healthy behaviours.
Job Title: National Outreach Coordinator (based in Abuja)
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job ID: sfh-63475
Position: National Outreach Coordinator (based in Abuja)
Job Profile: The National Outreach Coordinator will lead the planning and execution of outreach actions and activities with government, Civil Society/Community Based Organisations, allies, and partner organisations. S/he will lead the implementation of strategic planning, healthy timing, spacing of pregnancy expert for the execution of outreach activities at the state level. He/she will also engage with the advocacy unit of the project for community entry and more effectively engage with government and other partners conducting outreach services in Lafiya intervention states.
Job-role: The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Lead the development and implementation of a comprehensive costed outreach strategic plan to grow and deepen Lafiya’s relationship with government, Faith-Based and partner organisations including CSOs/CBOs (for FP services)
- Collaborate with Program and Policy teams in the evaluation and improvement of Community Outreach intervention, including the development of internal systems to support the collection and input of data.
- Participate in the identification of capacity gaps of outreach providers and coordinate training and other capacity-building initiatives for Outreach teams in the areas of family planning and other RH issues.
- Provide orientation, coaching and mentoring of CSOs/CBOs in FP service deliver including record keeping and reporting.
- Collaborate with partners and community stakeholders to ensure synergies in the implementation of Community Outreach activities.
- Review FP outreach service materials in line with accepted national and international standards
- Document & disseminate best FP outreach practices.
- Collaborate in sharing of programme knowledge, best practices, and impact of the intervention through various media/ communication channels
- Develop/review tools for data collection, supervision, and referral to the health facility for continuity of service.
- Continually evaluate the operation of team/function to ensure on-going effectiveness and impact of Lafiya project and government’s outreach efforts.
- Participate in the development of social behaviour change materials and activities.
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Health Administration, Public Health or Medical Science
- Must possess a minimum of 5 years of professional experience in community outreach and engagement, including direct experience working in or with communities and/or faith-based institutions.
- Demonstrated excellence knowledge of engagement and mobilisation – Proven leadership and success in engagement and mobilisation at the individual, community, and organisational level.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of Family Planning is critical to this role – experience at master trainer level is required.
- Ability to manage to an outcomes-based approach with proven experience of outreach and mobilisation, managing outcomes, developing and using data to inform continuous improvement and decision-making.
- Proven track record of exceeding goals and a bottom-line orientation; evidence of the ability to consistently make strategic decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment.
- Ability to balance the delivery of programs against the realities of a budget; problem-solving, project management, and creative resourcefulness.
- Experience in managing budgets in resource-limited environments.
- Conversant with the culture and working environment of Northern Nigeria.
Skills and competencies:
- High level of integrity
- Project management skills
- Excellent Advocacy skills
- In-depth Knowledge of Family Planning
- Good Analytical skills
- Technical knowledge of reproductive health and modern contraceptive methods.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Coordination and team-building skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, with the demonstrated ability to engage and influence others
- Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision
- Excellent MS Office skills (including Word, Excel, Power-point, etc.) and knowledge of database management.