At One Acre Fund, we measure success in our ability to make smallholder farmers more prosperous. We only serve farmers and we put Farmers First in everything we do.
Job Title: Nigeria Country Lead
Job ID: NCL79888
Job Type: Full Time
Preferred Start Date: January 13, 2020
Compensation: Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with fast raises for performance, paying a meaningful salary for long-term placement in our organization.
Benefits: Health insurance, 5 weeks paid leave and 7 days paid sick leave, relocation and housing compensation
Sponsor International Candidates : Yes – Nigerian candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Seeking an experienced start-up or growth unit leader with 6+ years experience to lead the Nigeria Pilot to scale from 500 farmers to 10,000 farmers.
About One Acre Fund
One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: on average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund. We are growing quickly: we serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we will serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
About The Job
The Pilot Manager reports to the Director of Expansion and oversees strategy for the pilot program on its path from 1,200 farmers in 2020 to +10,000 farmers in 2023. To reach this goal, you will guide an impassioned team of motivated professionals to understand and meet farmer demand, and create meaningful impact. You excel in a start-up environment and handle evolving situations well, while developing the capacity of your team for future challenges; all while looking for new ways to improve the lives of Nigerian subsistence farmers.
Your Roles and Responsibilities
1) Lead the pilot– You will oversee strategy and lead the pilot program, guiding its pursuit of a scalable model.
Determine the pilot’s strategy in Niger State and set the long-term vision for One Acre Fund in Nigeria.
Bottom-up planning to set program goals and track the metrics necessary to meet them
Experiment with products, services, and tech-based innovations to maximize the impact our products have on farmers’ lives
2) Manage relationships – Manage external relations with federal and local government, and important partners:
Collaborate with global One Acre Fund teams for support and information sharing
Build relationships with external partners and government entities for future collaboration
Represent One Acre Fund Nigeria to external organizations
3) Build the team – Invest in a diverse and inclusive team of proficient professionals who can bring about transformative change to the lives of our customers, by adapting the One Acre Fund model to the Nigerian context.
Oversee the recruitment, onboarding, performance management and growth of the Nigeria Pilot team
Directly manage 4-6 Associate-level team leaders
Influence the culture of the program as it grows from 35 team members to +100
One Acre Fund has a culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You will have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You will directly shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
- Committed to the mission of eradicating food insecurity across Nigeria
- Willing to get your shoes muddy and work productively alongside anyone, from farmers to technical subject experts
- Use data to guide decisions and improve execution
- Experience collaborating across diverse teams and time-zones
- 6+ years of professional work experience in Nigeria, with experience leading diverse teams
- Experience in a start-up environment, new market unit, or agribusiness preferred
- Top-performing undergraduate background required; Master’s degree in Business Administration, International Development, Logistics or Supply Chain Management, Human Resource Management, or related fields preferred
- High proficiency with Google Suites, including Microsoft Excel (can perform complex functions)
- Fluency in English essential, fluency in Hausa preferred
To apply for this job please visit oneacrefund.org.