National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) currently invites suitable and qualified candidates to its COVID-19 Innovation Challenge 2020.
Innovation Challenge Description.
The COVID-19 pandemic is a global crisis which is yet to be controlled. Nations are facing health and economic challenges whose impact will still be felt after the crisis is over. With countries in lockdown to flatten the curve, more need to be done to support the government efforts to curtail the effects of the pandemic. Nigeria COVID-19 Innovation Challenge is an initiative of the National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) aimed at identifying and showcasing innovative technology that will contain the pandemic, cushion the effects of the pandemic, create awareness on measures to prevent the spread, engage stakeholders in the discussion as well as point Nigerians to educative tools to engage with during the lockdown period. Nigeria COVID-19 Innovation Challenge is open to Nigerians both at home and in the diaspora.
The initiative consists of the following components
- Nigeria COVID-19 Innovation Challenge
- Educative tool
- Innovative Technology
- Startup Interactive Forum
- To mitigate the health and social impacts of COVID-19 in Nigeria using innovative technologies.
The challenge will deliver on the following (more detailed objectives)
- Showcase relevant innovative technologies developed by Nigerians towards COVID-19 and similar future pandemics.
- Facilitate and enhance processes along the prevention-detection-treatment value chain of COVID-19.
- Cushion the financial and social impact of COVID-19 during and after the pandemic in Nigeria and possibly beyond.
Nigeria COVID-19 Innovation Challenge
This will be implemented in partnership with the government and private sector. Participants are allowed to express creativity within their business case and are encouraged to develop unique solutions with an emphasis on using the latest technology.
Requirements for Innovation Challenge
- Submission of form before the deadline
- 2 minutes video of products/services
- Each participating team is responsible for whatever hardware and/or software they believe they need to participate (e.g. programming application, laptops, phones, etc), including any necessary chargers.
- Individuals may register. They will be placed with a team that compliments their skills and background. Teams with female members are preferred.
- Each team will be attached to a mentor to enable them to conclude the 48-hour hack. Three champion teams will be identified at the end.
- It is expected that teams will build working applications, proofs of concept, or prototypes, as well as presentation materials to explain, pitch, and present the application.
- Teams can consist of two to three members, and at least one member must be female.
- All teams should have any two of the following: graphics designer, software developer, and a business developer.
- All teams should have a team name.
- The Innovation Challenge organisers have the right at their sole discretion to determine whether an entrant is eligible for the contest.
FIRST POSITION: ₦1M
SECOND POSITION: ₦750K
THIRD POSITION: ₦500K
NOTE: HALF OF THE CASH PRIZE WILL GO TOWARDS INCUBATING THE PRODUCT
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should visit https://nigeriacovid19.futurehack.ng/