At One Acre Fund, we measure success in our ability to make smallholder farmers more prosperous. We only serve farmers and we put Farmers First in everything we do.
Job Title: Program Rotation Manager
Job ID: PRM67389
Job Type: Full Time
Preferred Start Date: As soon as possible
Job Location: You will rotate based on organization priorities
Compensation: Consistent with experience
Duration: Full-time job
Benefits: Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
Sponsor International Candidates: No; African candidates are encouraged to apply.
Take on a critical leadership role, collaborating with other executive leaders, to work on some of the most impactful and highest priority challenges facing the organization.
Note there is also a more junior version of this role available here.
As One Acre Fund grows to serve more than one million farmers, flexibly responding to new challenges and gaps that would otherwise slow growth will be crucial. The Program Rotation Manager is a way for outstanding management professionals to contribute to the highest-priority challenges facing our organization. For you, this role offers rapid professional growth by providing exposure to the full scope of One Acre Fund’s operations, preparing you for a permanent executive leadership role in the organization.
Selected Program Rotation Managers would rotate through a series of high priority leadership postings, followed by a permanent posting or further rotations depending on the candidate’s interests:
First 12-24 months: Rotate between several ~6-month long management posts
Afterwards: Permanently fill a high priority role of interest for the candidate
The role has a dual reporting structure:
During your rotations you will report directly to a project lead
You’ll also have a constant dotted-line management relationship to the Director of Strategy & Research for support and continuity of professional development
Examples of possible rotations include:
- Nigeria Country Director: Lead the promising Nigeria pilot and help shape the future of our program in this expanding market. You would hire and mentor new team members to take on leadership roles in the coming years, set up systems and controls to support future expansion, and achieve essential program metrics like adoption, impact and repayment.
- New Department Standup: Rotation Managers could lead programmatic changes for One Acre Fund, like standing up a new Global Field Operations team or organizing a global approach to a new source of impact like agroforestry.
- Program Expansion: Potential projects include leading new country / region expansion, managing the pilot of a new business model or product offering, like One Acre Fund branded agro-dealers
- Focused Department Leadership: Support an essential department with enhanced strategic leadership during an important period of change, e.g. during a department restructure, expansion or culture reset
- The Program Rotation team works with One Acre Fund’s leadership to determine specific rotation projects and the eventual permanent role. This process aims to balance organizational need and your professional goals. You will experience a full spectrum of leadership challenges in a growing social enterprise, while receiving intensive professional development from our senior leaders.
A Program Rotation Manager will receive:
- An assigned mentor from One Acre Fund’s senior leadership who remains consistent between rotations to provide long-term anchoring and career growth in the organization
- Diverse projects across different geographies and departments for a comprehensive work experience
- Challenging work assignments that address both important One Acre Fund priorities and your personal development goals
- We have a culture of personal ownership, constant learning, and investment in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You will help shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are looking for professionals with 5+ years of relevant work experience and a commitment to our mission. Candidates who fit the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with demonstrated previous work experience at a management level in challenging environments
- History of quickly producing impactful results through your team(s) at scale – low lag time from project start to delivering impact
- Desire to work in different geographic locations, in a field setting. For at least 12-18 months, multiple relocations around sub-Saharan Africa are expected and most rotations are field based
- Experience managing diverse teams, especially sales, operational, and field teams. Experience coordinating between multiple departments is a plus
- Excellent data analysis skills, able to work with data to develop informed, evidence-based strategies
- Interested and experienced in building collaborative teams, including colleagues from diverse backgrounds
- Language: English required, French a plus in Rwanda and Burundi. Swahili-speakers are particularly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit oneacrefund.org.