Deloitte is currently seeking suitable and qualified candidates to fill the role of Risk Advisory – Data Analytics.
Job Title: Risk Advisory – Data Analytics
Location: Ozumba Mbadiwe Rd, Eti-Osa, Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across Nigeria and Ghana.
In Nigeria, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services firms, specializing in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, consumer, telecommunications, media & technology, energy resources & Industrial and government and public services.
Our professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to markets and clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They are committed to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. We understand that our professionals hold interests outside of the work space and we aim to encourage work/life balance, supporting them in all aspects of their lives.
Our talented professionals and our clients understand the link between a strong learning and development programme and the ability for Deloitte to deliver on its promise of consistent, high-quality service delivery worldwide.
Whatever your age, gender or culture, take your career to the next level with the talents and capabilities you will develop at Deloitte.
About Risk Advisory
Deloitte’s Risk Advisory helps clients focus on areas of increased risk, address the entire spectrum of emerging risks, including disruption due to innovation, cyber, geopolitical, and other trends; and pursue intelligent risk-taking as a means to value creation.
Some of our services include:
- Controls, Transformation & Assurance
- Cyber Risk Services
- Governance, regulatory & Risk
- Data Analytics
Successful candidates will work alongside specialists, often in multi-disciplinary teams, helping to solve our clients’ most data-intensive challenges using well established and cutting-edge technologies. The scope of our work, which ranges from developing technical solutions to advising clients and helping them to proactively manage their own risks, means that you will find numerous opportunities to grow your own portfolio of skills and excel at what you do best. You are expected to contribute to the development of analytical and/or data modelling services to our clients’ internal stakeholders and external clients. In addition, your role will involve:
- Providing data analytics and modelling services through the use of software such as SQL, Python, Power BI to deliver meaningful insights by supporting all phases from development to implementation
- Development and delivery of innovative analytics solutions to support external clients’ requirements and the changing data landscape
- Working with audit teams to integrate analytics more deeply into the external audit approach, and support our clients to embed analytics into their business and culture
- Contributing to the team’s and Deloitte’s thought leadership and strategy in Risk Advisory
- Building and developing long term relationships with stakeholders across our clients’ organisations
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contributions
Depending on your level of experience, you may also be required to:
- Lead the team/(s) of colleagues in the delivery of analytical work
- Scope the delivery of analytical projects and work closely with clients and other project stakeholders to understand their requirements
- Guide the review and analysis of large and disparate data sets and report back to clients and stakeholders on identified issues and anomalies
- Check the quality and accuracy of work delivered by your team and address risks as they arise
- Evaluate new technologies to expand the scope of the team’s work and improve its efficiency
- Leverage your skills and experience to identify clients’ problems and propose the development of new solutions
- Contribute to the Firm’s talent agenda, manage and work effectively in diverse teams, and help to foster an inclusive culture
- Support the development of colleagues through mentoring and knowledge sharing
- Contribute to and develop proposals/propositions for internal or external clients
- Bachelor’s degree/HND holder with a minimum of second class upper/upper credit
- Have a minimum of five credits in WASSCE Ordinary Level/NECO subjects or acceptable equivalent examination, including Mathematics and English Language in one sitting only
- Relevant certifications such as CAP (Certified Analytics Professional) and MCSE: Data Management and Analytics (Microsoft) or any other Big Data Management, Data Architecture and Cloud certifications are an advantage.
- At least 3 to 4 years’ cognate work experience with 2-3 years’ experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Data Warehouse, Architecture & ETL and Data Governance implementation
- Data Management experience within Banks, FSI or Telco
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Software development consulting experience including UI/UX design
- Recent hands-on experience in SQL to at least intermediate level and significant experience in at least one of the following technical areas:
- Database design and development (Microsoft SQL server preferred)
- Data loading and BI/ETL solutions (Microsoft SQL server preferred)
- Data analysis and modelling using standard tools (R, Python, RapidMiner)
- Big Data Processing (e.g. using Hadoop/Hive, PySpark)
- Experience in reporting and data visualization using specialist tools (Power BI, Qlikview/sense, Tableau)
- Experience of working on complex data-driven, analytical, data modelling projects
- Strong scripting skills in Python or R
- Experience in applying statistical/predictive modelling techniques and machine learning algorithms to develop solutions to client problems
- Track record of defining and delivering insightful analytical dashboards
- Ensuring the completeness and accuracy of your work by performing tests and preparing quality control documentation
- Agile Project management experience – CSM® certification is an added advantage
- Track record of working with clients and building great relationships
- Ability to work autonomously and as a team player
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in a ‘Big 4’ will be an added advantage
What Impact Will You Make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration, and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you will find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
How You Will Grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University Leadership Centre. https://deloitte.zoomforth.com/du
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: To make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves in doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/impact-that-matters.html
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do a research to know some background about our firm and the business area you are applying to.
Application deadline: Friday, 11 September 2020