Website Maersk Line
Maersk Line is one of the largest shipping companies in the world moving more than cargo also propelling ambitions. Their clients include individuals, firms, companies or a conglomerate, with a strong team of expertise, global network, and stability needed to drive any business forward.
Job Title: Senior Customer Service Agent
Job ID: SCSA5773
Local: Customer Service
Job Type: Full Time
Last application date: 13/11/2019
- At Maersk, you’ll be part of a global team motivated by bringing food and commodities to people in every corner of the world. We do this through close partnerships with our valued customers, who trade everything from seafood and fruits, to clothes, electronics and cars! No matter our role in the Region our end goal is to simplify the lives of our customers. This is done through seamless processes, best in class digital solutions, and great customer service! So, we offer:
i. Results orientation
ii. Improved commercial and leadership capabilities
iii. Interaction within broader Area for best practice sharing
iv. Creating network within the global organization
v. Understand market and customer drivers
vi. Improve understanding of how best to generate profit for Maersk
Moreover, you will expand your customer network and enrich your market and product knowledge while enhancing the Maersk’s leadership position and contributing to the continuous success of the Maersk Nigeria organization
• Have more Customer’s business Acumen and ability to know what factors drives the decision making.
• Understanding of external factors impacting Customer’s supply Chain & understand their sense of urgency, service needs, drivers and desires.
• Ability to align with customer expectations upfront & to be able to respond with suggested solutions
• Be the primary point of contact for own customers and ensure smooth execution of the end-to-end shipment lifecycle, by working closely with the customer as well as internal stakeholders.
• Proactively track shipments and notify customers of relevant deviations from the transport plan, including potential solutions or alternatives.
• Together with One team, own customer issues and engage relevant stakeholders as required to facilitate timely and effective solutions.
• Be fully responsible for customer satisfaction across Maersk product offering (own customers).
• Willingness to go the extra mile towards the customers & with focus on providing solutions.
• In general, actively seek out and act on continuous improvement opportunities both in relation to customers and internal / external stakeholders
We are looking for
• Minimum BSc or Masters Degree /MBA in any business related course
• Minimum 5 years customer service or logistics & services experience.
• Proficient use (above average skill) in the use of Microsoft office tools i.e. excel, word and power point etc.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Passion for Customer Service.
• Pro-active person with a service-oriented mindset.
• Dedicated, Decisive and result orientated with a can-do attitude.
• Likes to get it right the first time, find root cause of issues, and can look ahead to avoid issues from happening.
• Able to work under pressure while keeping quality in focus.
• Comfortable with Change Management and capable of delivering high quality before, during and after transformation.
• Good process understanding and digital proficiency.
• Well organized, efficient and effective.
• An excellent team player.
• Good moral compass and ability to work the Company’s values.
• Fluent in English (written and oral)
To apply for this job please visit jobsearch.maersk.com.