WTS Energy is currently seeking suitable and qualified candidates to fill the role of Senior Maintenance Technician Engine SMTE.
WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industries. We supply engineers and consultants to our clients’ projects and operations and perform employment outsourcing services such as workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world. WTS Energy operates globally with offices in 14 countries and is operational in over 50 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
SENIOR MAINTENANCE TECHINCIAN ENGINE – SMTE POSITION: SENIOR MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN ENGINE SMTE
Authority: Delegated authority by MSUP; in MSUP’s absence acts as his deputy
Reporting to: MSUP
NOTE: The responsibilities include the main General and Special responsibilities listed below. In addition the OIM or any superior may assign any other tasks to be performed.
- Is the supervisor of all work performed by Maintenance Technicians
- Shall assist the MSUP in all matters related to the safe and efficient operation of all machinery
- Shall ensure that the engine room with all facilities and equipment are maintained with proper cleanliness and in good working condition
- Carry out engine room watches as required by MSUP
The SMTE shall ensure that the following requirements are met, and that the following activities are executed safely and professionally, in accordance with approved work procedures and/or quality plans that:
- Personnel qualifications are established, and that each individual is given the opportunity of improvement through selective on the job training
- To be fully familiar with rules, regulations and work procedures applicable to the task to be executed
- Familiar with the PTW System
- Personnel executing hazardous work are well informed of and follow the approved work procedures and/or quality plans
- Machinery is maintained and operated in accordance with maintenance plans and manufacturers and Company instructions
- Spare parts and engine stores are checked and safely stored, and that replenishments are ordered through the MSUP
- Planning and distribution (in writing) of daily work to engine crew. Follow up on all work going on.
- Control of engine crew working hours
- Proper disposal of engine room garbage and the safe and correct operation of the incinerator
CERTIFICATES AND TRAINING
- Second Engineer Officer Certificate – STCW95 Reg. III/2
- For other certificates and training, see Company Training Matrix, Unit Specific Training Matrix and CBT